Senior Supporter

Many quotes re Doherty. My elder brother also says PD was the best City play he ever saw, he could do the lot - dribble, pass, shoot, track back even and would have thrived in the frenetic game of today.
Like David Silva, plus goals.

now thats love !! unfortunately not the type the club want these days. Unless he was wearing the full kit with City rucksack and bought one of those wanky pies

You reckon the club don't want that sort of fan any longer? Is that why he still goes every week, to support the team he loves, even if it's a struggle, maybe the club have offered to provide him with help, but he choses to do his own thing. Do you know if his loyalty hasn't ever been recognised?. Maybe he's just happy to get out of the house every other week, because the club welcome him. I await my email from the club telling me I'm not wanted. My Dad is 82 and has just had his inviting him to renew next season..! I'll be him one day, dragging my sorry arse and aching bones to every game until my last breath, regardless of what the club are seemingly doing in some fans eyes. I've never read so much shite on this site in all my life, ill informed, narrow minded opinions abound. You know what, I've watched City for many years, when the club was so badly run and poor, every bugger had 5 jobs to make ends meet, when we had players who couldn't even play the game, when there were fleeting moment's of success which you knew wouldn't last. I can't believe for the life of me why people get upset at the great players we have now having a day off, or new managers not gelling the team quickly enough, or new fans turning up to watch my wonderful team play in a fabulous stadium, with outstanding facilities. Yes I complain at players performing badly, I think Christ, it's gone up again, or how much, but it doesn't stop me supporting my team and less, or even considering not doing so. It's the fans that have changed in the last 20 years or so, replacing the likes of me who are getting too old to spend all day on the lash, then have a good old scream and shout on the terraces. We had passion and never ending support, the noise used to roll down off the terraces at Maine Road, it has done on occasion at the Etihad, away games were bedlam. If some fans put as much effort into supporting the team from the terraces as they do knocking the club for a minimal increase across some areas, or having to move from their seat, which incidentally is owned by the club, or having their season card removed because they're a knob head, which again is the property of the club, a place you enter under conditions of entry, in so much as you comply with certain rules, then we'd have a bouncing atmosphere. I've never been lobbed out for standing and singing at the Etihad, in block 220 by the way...
U16 prices have been extended to U18's now, U21's save a big chunk off adult prices, several thousand remain the same price, most have increased by under a quid per games, many only 50 pence per game, so sodding well stay in for an hour to pay for it. No bugger gave a second thought to drinking themselves and drugging themselves up to oblivion at Wembley recently ffs....
Moaning for moaning's sake over jack shit in the grand old scheme of things, Sorry, pissed off, good fuckin night....

You reckon the club don't want that sort of fan any longer? Is that why he still goes every week, to support the team he loves, even if it's a struggle, maybe the club have offered to provide him with help, but he choses to do his own thing. Do you know if his loyalty hasn't ever been recognised?. Maybe he's just happy to get out of the house every other week, because the club welcome him. I await my email from the club telling me I'm not wanted. My Dad is 82 and has just had his inviting him to renew next season..! I'll be him one day, dragging my sorry arse and aching bones to every game until my last breath, regardless of what the club are seemingly doing in some fans eyes. I've never read so much shite on this site in all my life, ill informed, narrow minded opinions abound. You know what, I've watched City for many years, when the club was so badly run and poor, every bugger had 5 jobs to make ends meet, when we had players who couldn't even play the game, when there were fleeting moment's of success which you knew wouldn't last. I can't believe for the life of me why people get upset at the great players we have now having a day off, or new managers not gelling the team quickly enough, or new fans turning up to watch my wonderful team play in a fabulous stadium, with outstanding facilities. Yes I complain at players performing badly, I think Christ, it's gone up again, or how much, but it doesn't stop me supporting my team and less, or even considering not doing so. It's the fans that have changed in the last 20 years or so, replacing the likes of me who are getting too old to spend all day on the lash, then have a good old scream and shout on the terraces. We had passion and never ending support, the noise used to roll down off the terraces at Maine Road, it has done on occasion at the Etihad, away games were bedlam. If some fans put as much effort into supporting the team from the terraces as they do knocking the club for a minimal increase across some areas, or having to move from their seat, which incidentally is owned by the club, or having their season card removed because they're a knob head, which again is the property of the club, a place you enter under conditions of entry, in so much as you comply with certain rules, then we'd have a bouncing atmosphere. I've never been lobbed out for standing and singing at the Etihad, in block 220 by the way...
U16 prices have been extended to U18's now, U21's save a big chunk off adult prices, several thousand remain the same price, most have increased by under a quid per games, many only 50 pence per game, so sodding well stay in for an hour to pay for it. No bugger gave a second thought to drinking themselves and drugging themselves up to oblivion at Wembley recently ffs....
Moaning for moaning's sake over jack shit in the grand old scheme of things, Sorry, pissed off, good fuckin night....

Post of the season, I will be glad to see the back of the bluemoaners just hope they stay away from bluemoon and not just the Etihad, followed City since 1949 and have never ever booed a blue. It seems that some of the worst dickheads following all teams these days are in the 35 to 50 age group trying bring back the dark days of pre Bradford and Heysal.

@Stretford Born Blue well said, I started watching City in the 50s & although I had to have a break during the years when my children were young & I was separated & bringing up kids alone before the CSA etc, I came back once I could afford it again. Even after being annoyed & tired from the travelling on Sunday I won't be leaving again! I'm going in hospital next week & unfortunately may have to miss the Leicester match but I'll be back!!

I love this club, I love the fans, I just want to watch football. :-)

Post of the season, I will be glad to see the back of the bluemoaners just hope they stay away from bluemoon and not just the Etihad, followed City since 1949 and have never ever booed a blue. It seems that some of the worst dickheads following all teams these days are in the 35 to 50 age group trying bring back the dark days of pre Bradford and Heysal.

Thank you.
Every wembley trip recently, I've had knob heads fighting and arguing with one another around us, aged?, 35 plus...but there again idiots wasting beer and throwing shit around on concourses butted the trend, they know who they are.!
There is just a new generation that feel the need to moan, bleat and cry injustice, rather than see further than their own nose, roll up their sleeves and knuckle down and get things done.
In the grand old scheme of things, what is it that they are moaning about, there's a choice, like it or lump it. We've been there, seen it and done it, done without to get something we wanted, or to be honest, needed firstly. Then we have social media, I think that's unfair, because it allows people to spread their ill informed views and opinions, when actually, it's quite often bollox....

@Stretford Born Blue well said, I started watching City in the 50s & although I had to have a break during the years when my children were young & I was separated & bringing up kids alone before the CSA etc, I came back once I could afford it again. Even after being annoyed & tired from the travelling on Sunday I won't be leaving again! I'm going in hospital next week & unfortunately may have to miss the Leicester match but I'll be back!!

I love this club, I love the fans, I just want to watch football. :-)
Ditto my friend, all the best with your health. Keep the daith.

Great post, SBB.

I've been following City since January 1970, when I was seven, though I didn't watch them live until 16/1/88 at Plymouth. 2-0 up at half-time and lost 3-2.

Once I'd decided to go university, I chose to study at one relatively close to Manchester, so that I could attend home matches and I bought myself a season ticket in BB.

Now, I sit with Mrs Vienna in 328 and still can't get enough of Manchester City. I feel I'm making up for lost time during those 18 years that I didn't see the team live. I love the matchday buzz and though I feel a little down after a defeat, it soon passes, as I look forward to the next game.

Manchester City has been the one constant throughout my whole life, certainly almost since I can remember, apart from my parents and sisters, of course and I fucking love this club. Yes, there are things that annoy me, but nothing will turn me away from it, especially a few 'poor' results that ten years ago, we could only dream about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.