Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
realistically any deal for mbappe would surely include add ons up to a bigger figure?

Perhaps, though people base the potential for add-ons on what the rags ended up being taken to the cleaners for on Pogba. The difference is obvious that we have at least one, perhaps two major compeditors for Mbappe's signature. Last summer, Pep and Zidane bowed out on Pogba because they could see he wasn't worth half what Woodward paid. This time round, it seems Real (though it doesn't fit their MO for signings) will be in and all signs point to the rags willing to overspend again.

In my opinion, any chance of Monaco seeking to hold the lad one more year died when £100m started being bandied about. Because of just who, and how many, are in on Mbappe, it makes bringing down the cost with add-ons that much more unlikely.

then if we can sell kun for £70-80m then it doesn't hit the budget too hard?

I agree, but that's a big if.

Say, Aguero stays next year. He wants to fight for his place and the club are remiss to push the face of their franchise out the door. What then? Pep wants Mbappe for his long term plans but needs at least 6-7 other major signings and can no longer justify blowing up to half the budget on one player, especially with Kun still at the club. Mbappe goes to the rags and has 5 or more seasons terrorising the shit out of our new-look back line until he's poached by Madrid.

It all hinges on Sergio and that's a very uncertain thing right now.

Spot on. No one will pay anywhere near that.
Also I can not see us breaking our transfer record this summer never mind almost doubling it.

We may not get 70m for Kun, though he's worth it, but the fact is (if he leaves) the club have an obligation to get the best replacement CF available and Mbappe ticks the boxes.

If We can get 70M for Kun, Mbappe is the only player we should go after,

Though i agree if there is a chance to sign the next big thing you do, but 110M is bit too much, maybe 60+Bonus is what we should be trying. But whichever club will sign him are in for a treat.

Why. If he bring you a billion in revenue why is it too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.