Two Year Academy Transfer Ban Imposed On City

So what? How many of our youth make the first team or are even given the chance? We have two good young full backs yet shipped them both out on loan and play bloody Navas at right back. Having said that our chairman needs to get off his backside and kick some arse! Behind the scenes in our administration, dealings with the media and fan's we are a bloody shambles!

Agreed 100%

Its embarrassing

Of course it's not untrue or a myth to suggest that being at a top level club with excellent facilities gives you a better chance. Nor does a higher drop out rate (I have no idea if this is true) mean that these youngsters are being thrown on the scrap heap. If they've made it to the City academy they're likely talented young people, for whom only the best will do; making it at Oldham (no disrespect intended) probably doesn't cut it for them when they could be more successful outside of football.

I completely agree with your final point though - it's not the best option for everyone. Some will do better starting out at a lower level and working their way up while others will accept that chances are limited but will make the most of their education.

You can only trust parents to know what's best for their kids. If they're influenced by the bright lights to their detriment, that's a parenting rather than a club issue.

Sorry, that was to Fanchester City.

I just don't understand this. The rules as they stand mean that a player can only be registered at one club at any one time and if a player is "poached", a move can only occur if the existing registry is cancelled to allow a transfer the room to take place, presumably with the full knowledge of the first club. If compensation in the way of an agreed transfer fee is agreed then what's the problem? As an aside, what counts as tapping up as it looks like Tosin has been tapped up just as Sturridge was a few years ago.

Am pretty sure when you look at our youth team more players will play professional football from that group than Oldhams as a comparison. Our players play against the cream of world football in their age group and can be seen playing throughout the league's. I'm not sure Oldham could boast similar numbers.

Clearly some of you guys don't understand academy football. You can't sign players from outside the UK till they reach u17 level. With Brexit this might change further.

I'm amazed it's taken this long. In every single age group we have 4 or 5 lads 'stolen' from other clubs. Just in under twelves down there's around ten boys tapped up from likes of Everton, Liverpool, United and Blackburn. We are overly aggressive and eventually others will complain. The fact one of our senior recruitment team recently left to join Liverpool presumably has added weight to these allegations that have surrounded our youth recruitment for years.

No, I don't know much about youth football, I never claimed to. I clearly do not as know much as you, the fount of all knowledge.

Of course, we cannot sign 11 year olds from the continent. I don't believe I said that was the case. The fact is, we can still sign juniors from abroad of a certain age. It's a one year ban. That's it. No great shakes. It may mean we are less likely to win the u12s next year. So what?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.