Article 50/Brexit Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid it has everything to do with democracy.

We have rules concerning elections for a reason. The reasons are in the main to prevent the manipulation of the vote.

You may well not be susceptible to subliminal persuasion on this particular issue but others who do not feel so strongly may well be. The Co's who are dealing in this type of Psycho Campaign are not within the UK and so are beyond the reach of the UK Electoral Commission who have sought with little success to investigate this issue.

The process of winning elections is about influencing those who are open to be influenced, 'the floating voter' term is often used. Psycho campaigning recognises and targets those voters through the gathering of data from all available sources and then uses that data to tailor a programme of persuasion without the voter ever knowing what is happening.

A crude example might be used on a parent by associating child abuse with a political party. I believe the methods are much more sophisticated than this but you get my drift.

This type of thing is reprehensible whoever is gaining or losing by it.

Is this fundamentally different to the way that political parties "bombard" voters (by all methods) in marginal constituencies?

Would there be the same outcry if Remain and Clinton had targeted people in the same way. I'm sure they probably did actually, just probably not as effectively.

Macron used data in his presidential campaign. He found the towns and villages that were most representative of France (same demographic, lifestyle, life stage make up) and canvassed them extensively. Then he designed his policies around the results that his questionnaires highlighted.

Is that creepy and invasive, or more palatable because he is arguably more left wing than the Brexit and Trump results?

This looks like the most desperate effort yet to justify grief and disbelief at something you know,
you just know, you're right about and everyone else is wrong.

Is this fundamentally different to the way that political parties "bombard" voters (by all methods) in marginal constituencies?

They did, I got a leaflet through the door from the then government and it was very remain biased.

Not been on here for a bit. Imagine my complete lack of surprise to see fumble posting shite off twitter....

Interesting that Macron holds Boris and Farage responsible for the post referendum abandoning of the ship and lack of strategic vision, yet Cameron and Osbourne are apparently blameless. I wonder if this is because they personally were toeing the EU party line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.