Pep : The youngsters 'will be training with us and we are going to see how they are'

Had hoped we would show a bit more commitment to giving opportunities to our academy kids this season. Doesnt look like there'll be a big improvement next season.

Have you watched any EDS games ? they have trouble when they player bigger and stronger teams like the chavs,they are not ready yet it's that simple

The EDS beat Chelsea 4-3 the last time they played, Diaz scored a hat-trick

The EDS beat Chelsea 4-3 the last time they played, Diaz scored a hat-trick
They did but they do struggle against strong better built players,they would get eaten alive in a prem game going up against adult experienced players,maffeo and garcia should make more appearances but he was talking about the 16-18 yr age group who have no experience of big crowds etc.
Why people can't be more patient with the academy set up is beyond me i'm afraid

Have you watched any EDS games ? they have trouble when they player bigger and stronger teams like the chavs,they are not ready yet it's that simple

Yes, so I know what you're saying is false. They struggle against Chelsea because they are technically fantastic as well as being giant athletes, put them up against the usual big boys and they run rings around them.

Moreover, we're acting as though we mean the entire team is going to get promoted - I'm talking about a couple individuals, or even just Garcia getting more chances. This is to say nothing of how you or anyone else expects them to learn how to cope in the prem by treating them like a fucking cancer. These same lads went up against Chelsea with Pellers and did us proud.

P.s. fuck off Okazaki

Yes, so I know what you're saying is false. They struggle against Chelsea because they are technically fantastic as well as being giant athletes, put them up against the usual big boys and they run rings around them.

Moreover, we're acting as though we mean the entire team is going to get promoted - I'm talking about a couple individuals, or even just Garcia getting more chances. This is to say nothing of how you or anyone else expects them to learn how to cope in the prem by treating them like a fucking cancer. These same lads went up against Chelsea with Pellers and did us proud.

P.s. fuck off Okazaki
I was initially responding to the poster that said the academy is a waste of time
If they are not ready they are not ready,pep watches them play so he should know

I was initially responding to the poster that said the academy is a waste of time
If they are not ready they are not ready,pep watches them play so he should know

Firstly I'd like to say I think I went a bit far in my reponse so apologies for that.

Secondly, I just can't help but think there is an inherent cowardice in our club, and where a young Iniesta, Xavi and Messi in their ranks the message from on high would still be 'not good enough yet, more time'. Its been a decade, you'd had enough time, stop being cowards.

So yeah, I think Pep is just wrong and has bought into our clubs cowardice. Hope that explains where I'm coming from more

Edit: hense why I believe our academy is a waste - because we're not going to give anyone a chance

Firstly I'd like to say I think I went a bit far in my reponse so apologies for that.

Secondly, I just can't help but think there is an inherent cowardice in our club, and where a young Iniesta, Xavi and Messi in their ranks the message from on high would still be 'not good enough yet, more time'. Its been a decade, you'd had enough time, stop being cowards.

So yeah, I think Pep is just wrong and has bought into our clubs cowardice. Hope that explains where I'm coming from more

Edit: hense why I believe our academy is a waste - because we're not going to give anyone a chance
No probs,we all want the same thing in the end,lets enjoy the win

They did but they do struggle against strong better built players,they would get eaten alive in a prem game going up against adult experienced players,maffeo and garcia should make more appearances but he was talking about the 16-18 yr age group who have no experience of big crowds etc.
Why people can't be more patient with the academy set up is beyond me i'm afraid

It's now the 9th year since the takeover and not one youth player has made the step up to holding down a place in the first team. How much more patient do we need to be? Do we need to wait another 10 years? The problem for me is we don't have managers who have the balls to trust in them. Managing City comes with huge expectations of winning everything so instead of giving a chance to one of the many promising talents we have we just go and buy a player for £50 million.

And then those players will get fed up of getting no chances and will fuck off to a club that will play them.

It's now the 9th year since the takeover and not one youth player has made the step up to holding down a place in the first team. How much more patient do we need to be? Do we need to wait another 10 years? The problem for me is we don't have managers who have the balls to trust in them. Managing City comes with huge expectations of winning everything so instead of giving a chance to one of the many promising talents we have we just go and buy a player for £50 million.

And then those players will get fed up of getting no chances and will fuck off to a club that will play them.
That is the issue,we are trying to win in 4 competions,it's all about the here and now and results,all managers are under pressure to win games even pep,i do actually believe that pep is a good coach with kids,he goes to their games,when he can trust them they will play

Various reasons but I would say not improving our defence is probably one of the main reasons. We've had crap full backs for far too long. Why the management haven't seen this is mind boggling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.