Job Suggestions For Nephew Who Is Hard-Working But An Academic Failure?

Army? Could pick up a trade while he's in, and if he's switched on and hard working he'll do well. I'd suggest a trade in the navy or RAF, but not sure if he'd need some decent GCSE's to get into them.
I firmly believe that 16 & 18 is just too young for some lads to apply themselves to study. We all mature at different rates and just like some people ride a bike at two and others at eight, the academic thing clicks later for others.

The title of this thread made me chuckle. What a lovely descripton.

Any factory work where he lives?

I used to work in composites (making wind turbines).

Wasn't for me paid ok tho. £23K per year and training was given on the job. Some of the tickest people I have ever met still work in that factory.

My nephew is smart, intelligent and very hard-working but just struggled at school, college and in any education setting for some reason... (we think he might have slight autism) which means he has zero qualifications. Ironic thing is he would probably do some of the jobs much better and be more professional than most of the people who get good qualifications into the job !

Any suggestions on jobs he can do that don't require much academic qualifications or what he should do?

Has he any interest in IT?

It will take qualifications so might not be the best idea but if it's a case of not performing in a school environment and if he would study when he's alone and it's something he's interested in, I'd heavily suggest IT and security specifically.

IT security professionals are going to be paid a shitload in future, if they're not already.

My nephew is smart, intelligent and very hard-working but just struggled at school, college and in any education setting for some reason... (we think he might have slight autism) which means he has zero qualifications. Ironic thing is he would probably do some of the jobs much better and be more professional than most of the people who get good qualifications into the job !

Any suggestions on jobs he can do that don't require much academic qualifications or what he should do?
A lad who has autism helps us out sometimes at work, I've never seen such dedication in a lad to tasks he's given, I know that is part of his condition, and they get fixated on certain things /hobbies, but in certain areas he pisses all over us with his knowledge about things and attention to detail. The film the accountant is an excellent example of autism. I'm sure something will come his way mate, good luck :)

Politics.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.