Jesus Navas

I'm sad to see him go, but I'm not going to miss seeing him come on as a sub and knowing the game was over.

An under-appeciated part of the team.

No tears will be shed by me. One of the worst attacking wingers I have ever seen and his goal scoring record was a complete joke. "worked hard blah blah" but I'd expect that for £90k a week.

i liked the new role at wing back in the last couple of games but sadly could not cross a hot bun how many times he hit the first man or just turn back and pass it back i think pellegrini killed him and he look great for spain before we signed him but maybe the game in england was not right for him

Called it as soon as I saw him clean shaven against Watford. Last time I remember him without any facial hair was the away game in Sevilla last year.

Another player gone with a superb workrate and flawless professionalism. Best of luck Jesus, you were an important part of the most exciting City team I've ever seen. Thank you.

Not exactly my favorite City player, just lacked quality overall IMO. But agree with others that he was a consummate pro and did whatever job he was asked to do to the best of his ability. Best of luck returning to Sevilla.

DArebB-XgAEhgS2.jpg:small

Thought he was showing some promise as a right back so half expected us to keep him.

He was a very good player when we signed him but Pellegrini soon saw to that. Wingers have to take risks; you might fail to beat your man four times, but you still have to go back for a fifth try because that might be the one where you beat him and create a chance. Pellegrini would sooner a winger cut back and pass it back to a midfielder or defender every single time than take the necessary risks; he drilled the winger out of Navas and almost did the same with Sterling, too.

He was no doubt a poor finisher but I think a better player than Pellegrini allowed him to be. Someone with that pace and engine should be running at people, not away from them.

Great professional , low maintenance and could always be relied upon.

Adios and Good Luck Jesus, thanks for all your effort.

Thanks Jesus and good luck for the future. You gave your all and were a model pro. I enjoyed you kicking a few people in your last games at fullback.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.