What was the terrace fashion on the Kippax in the 1980s?

I had purple cords, red swede Nikes and a salmon and mint green Pringle, must have looked like I had been in a collision with the Dulux delivery lorry.

Donkey jackets were de rigueur for quite a few lads, in fact I don't recall ever seeing Bulldog not wearing one, that and cotton wool.

Cotton wool in his ears yeah

Yeah Donkey jackets...that was about as expensive as I got too!

Two tones and a ben Sherman at night ...wranglers and docs or steelies at the match.

Geezer in a fetching BUTCHERS COAT with MCFC or KIPPAX PSYCHO MAFIA written all over in Felt tip too

Fashion in Gorton

I wrote a chapter in a book called Northern Monkeys, Messing and Dressing at the Match. It was about football and fashion. About 8 or 9 years old but it's still in print.

Was it mamba, and bamba as well or have I just made them up getting old now, remember the cool cats at an away game suited and booted once the old Farah slacks don't know if they still do them

Adidas Dragons, Samba, and Bambas still wear all 3 now, Fred Perry or Tachinni polo shirts, and and to wore harrington jacket, in fact I still wear all this stuff though I'm a bit of a fat twat now and was mainly a youngster - teenager in the 80's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.