General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of countries must be failing then. If people think nutters with knives and the ability to drive can be stopped then that is a tad simplistic.

And no one believes balaclava man will be tough on security

She's cutting 20,000 police jobs when we need them the most.

That Abbott woman is a complete farce, time after time she fucks up there's no way I'm voting Labour the way they are at the moment (and have been for some time).

Immigration and security are the number one issues in this election, no doubt, and I want a party that will be stronger and do more than Labour's unconvincing limp messages imply.

I'm not saying the Tories have everything nailed down, but ffs, Corbyn and Abbott?
They're like a sitcom.

A really embarrassing one.

That Abbott woman is a complete farce, time after time she fucks up there's no way I'm voting Labour the way they are at the moment (and have been for some time).

Immigration and security are the number one issues in this election, no doubt, and I want a party that will be stronger and do more than Labour's unconvincing limp messages imply.

I'm not saying the Tories have everything nailed down, but ffs, Corbyn and Abbott?
They're like a sitcom.

A really embarrassing one.

what aspect of immigration makes it a 'number one issue' for you?

i've always wondered this (not about you specifically, i mean why it's a massive issue generally)

I'm sorry, that a stupid comment by me. I'm in a terrible mood since I've lost a shit load of money this morning, money I can ill afford to lose.

I do care actually. I think Labour would make us ALL worse off, despite their promises. I hope you change your mind, but of course it's up to you and I respect that.

It strikes me that if Labour had a more moderate leader, they would walk it in this election.

And at the same time, if the Tories hadn't completely fucked up the campaign, (and were still fighting Corbyn), then they would walk it also.

It's like a battle to see who is the least unappealing. I now know how the Americans felt in their election.

No worries @Chippy_boy I liked it ... Labour won't win round here anyway but it's the the disabled are treated with assessments which is why I couldn't vote Tory .

She's cutting 20,000 police jobs when we need them the most.

(a) she's already cut them. This has been going on since 2010 and I believe the numbers have stablized since 2015

(b) Do you honestly think any home secretary, responsible for the security of the country ENJOYS cutting her own department, and getting into big rows with the police over numbers and pay, as she has done? The cuts have been due to the country going through a period of austerity. The chancellor sets the budgets, agreed by the PM and the home secretary gets whatever money she gets. I don't remember the Home Office saying "great news, we're awash with cash this year", do you?

You see this is the difference between being a party of protest in opposition. You can say what the hell you like, and not have to pay a penny for it because you aren't doing it.

The Labour promises are not founded in reality, they are simply "aspirations" which in total cannot be realised. Yes they could spend much more on the police. Then they'd have less to spend on the NHS. If they spent more on the NHS as well, they'd have to cancel HS2 and destroy jobs. If they carry on with HS2 and the NHS and the police, then they'd have to cut public sector pay and put taxes up more. etc etc etc You see where I am going here? Saying "we are going to spend more on everything and no-one is going to have to pay for it" is just not realistic.

Labour are promising "Here's your cake and you can eat it". "We'll improve everything and for 95% of people, at no cost at all". This is absolute fantasy, can you not see that?

The idea that at a time we're sure to lose trade with the EU (the only debate is by how much) we should actively put businesses off coming here with (i) increased labour costs, (ii) increased regulation and removal of things like zero hours contacts and (iii) increased taxes. How on EARTH is that going to help inward investment into this country at a time when we need it most? It's utter madness. A poiicy forced upon Corbyn in order to give some possible credence to the "95% of people won't have to pay more" lie.

He's a fraud, whether he knows it or not.

Last edited:
How has she failed on immigration?

The only one she can affect is non-EU immigration which has come down.

During the last election net migration into the UK had actually increased from 244,000 in 2010 to 330,000 in 2014 rather than being brought down to less than 100,000 as She and Cameron had committed, she was the minister responsible for making the government’s commitment a reality - on from that the backlog of finding failed asylum seekers had gone up, the number of foreign prisoners removed had gone down, and the number of illegal immigrants deported had also gone down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.