General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's me mate but when people accuse you not just on here but facebook work etc, for being a **** , or some uncaring selfish tosspot for even considering voting Tory, it just hardens my view. But Corbyn has impressed me in this election and May has been utter dog turd.
Agreed but one will achieve brexit and one wont

they arent going to get rid of her with brexit negotiations coming up. one of the reasons she called an election was because she hadnt won an election before. they arent going to do a leadership contest again and have an unelected leader. thats just my opinion though.
It would be utter madness if they held a contested leadership contest if they are still in power. If they could agree on a single candidate and simply annoint them they might but I don't think they have anyone who has that level of support

To be fair I wouldn't have needed to trawl through the Internet to understand the history of Nelson Mandela

I of course would not have been making those posts if it was not for the volume of apologist posts dressing up corbyn's behaviour as something holier-than-thou rather than the reality of what it was

But just read your own post back.

You can only be asking that question because you know that what I have posted is actually true - and exposes the reengineering of history that some posters on here have been doing

Your other option would have been to post all the evidence you found to support the fact that Corbyn had indeed been even handed and supportive of Unionist -- but I guess that you didn't find any did you

I merely asked a question.

You seem to have tried to psychoanalyse me based on that for some reason.

I'd agree with that in the main, although I am not a big fan with her confrontational style re Brexit.

But we have no clue what the nutter Corbyn would do. He's saying he'll keep us in the customs union and implement immigration control and take back our law-making control. When he can't have it, what's his policy? Does anyone know?

I would trust the nutter corbyn ahead of the gobshite may

Don't you think the quantity of money spent on management/bureaucracy in the NHS, rising inflation and the ageing poulation in the UK, far outweigh the NHS treatment of immigrants?

I don't know the figuers mate, i'm just the average joe who spends most of his time as carer to my wife and I also have an autistic son and teenage daughter and 2 children, but the way I see it is caring for people flooding into the country doesn't help at all and we should be putting British first be it black, white or purple.

I agree management of the NHS is diabolical and i'm not too chuffed with the rate of inflation seeing as we live off benefits due to our situation but we have enough to get by and I put in the system for over 25 years and whilst i'm still not proud of state handouts I feel I am entitled to them more that anyone coming in.

The aging population too is a problem but can't really be blamed on anyone can it ?!
We would have more to spend on the elderly if it wasn't spent on health care for just one years of immigrants NHS costs?

My dad has had similar experiences with hospital treatment. I honestly don't believe it's down to immigration so much as underfunding though.

Probably right pal, but again, it doesn't help.

With regards to ISIS, it has been stated on numerous occasions by those living in the relevant communities that it is second and third generation immigrants rather than new arrivals who all falling prey to radicalisation. I know it won't change your mind, but I honestly can't see a cut in immigration improving either of those problems.

Hm, we'll have to disagree on that, most don't fall into the radicalization trap never mind "all" of the 2nd/3rd generation "immigrants" - and to me they are not immigrants anyway!

What I mean is that we need less immigration and certainly more vetting for those who come in and checking the ones come in after having a fortnights jolly in Libya.

Yes, I am struck with that too. Where the **** are they all? Where's the attacks on the front foot about how Labour landed us with £170bn a year of deficit? The attacks on Labour's record on unemployment (always raising it.) etc. It's all very defensive and well, quiet.

I would imagine they were not consulted on the election beforehand, deliberately marginalised in the opening weeks of it, and are now keeping their powder dry to see the lie of the land on Friday morning. There are always divisions within the Party, and if May returns with less than she expected on Friday, how does she fend off let alone placate those champing for a Hard Brexit?

I don't know the figuers mate, i'm just the average joe who spends most of his time as carer to my wife and I also have an autistic son and teenage daughter and 2 children, but the way I see it is caring for people flooding into the country doesn't help at all and we should be putting British first be it black, white or purple.

I agree management of the NHS is diabolical and i'm not too chuffed with the rate of inflation seeing as we live off benefits due to our situation but we have enough to get by and I put in the system for over 25 years and whilst i'm still not proud of state handouts I feel I am entitled to them more that anyone coming in.

The aging population too is a problem but can't really be blamed on anyone can it ?!
We would have more to spend on the elderly if it wasn't spent on health care for just one years of immigrants NHS costs?

okey doke thanks for your answer.

my opinion is that when you level out the tax generated by immigrants with the drain they put on the NHS, there is a tiny benefit/drain on the system (depending on whose figures you believe!!) in comparison to the money involved in bureaucracy, management tiers and bungled IT/tech upgrades (partly due to bad tendering processes).

as you say, you cant blame anyone for ageing! we're just living in a society where healthcare & medicine are available and so forth. I think the ageing population is probably one of the most predictable phenomenons of our country of the last 30 years (or more?), I mean you can guess that one a mile off and you have a good long while to organize political strategy and/or funding well in advance. It's was a real opportunity for proactive policy instead of silly reactive throwing of money. All previous governments to blame probably.

So would I

Unfortunately I wouldn't trust McDonnell in a month of Sundays. I certainly wouldn't trust him if you like having money in your picket

Talking of pickets, I wonder how long it would take the unions to be asking for 47% pay rises for all workers, a return to secondary picketing, reversal of the ballot arrangements for strikes etc.

Do you think they could wait until Monday, or would it be over the weekend?

May has pissed off Liverpool fans
I’ll tell you what standing up for British values is. I and this government introduced the first Modern Slavery Act in this country. I have ensured that stop and search is reduced because I don’t believe that anyone on the streets of this country should be stopped and searched because of the colour of their skin. And I ensured justice for the families of Hillsborough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.