How do we prevent terrorism?

We're a weak minded state as it is.

In WW2 all the Italians and other axis nationals or British citizens with such backgrounds were interned. The Italians were sent to camps on the Isle of Man. This was the whole demographic whether they had a criminal record or were the most law abiding, charitable person in their region. That was only 70 or so years ago.

For the 20,000 or so people we have concrete evidence of seeking out terrorist manuals/websites or preaching and inciting hatred against our own people within our own country - what the F is the problem with dealing with them in a similar manner? It's fucking pathetic we've been merely watching them (incase they conduct an attack themselves or to see which "key players" they interact with) while they continue to convert a continual stream of kids to their sick ideology. People need to repeat that to themselves and realise what a pathetic attempt at controlling this is. If it takes away civil liberties from people within our nation encouraging others to kill us, why is that a problem? It's a joke. These people have not a scrap of honour so why do we deal with them in such undeserving standards.

Give your head a big wobble if you think Corbyn is the man to support any policies like these. He's continually put human rights above protecting our citizens, and made very dubious decisions in who he likes to be associated with, for example the charity Cage, of whom he signed a letter of support.

Mr Mahmood, Labour MP for Birmingham Perry Barr, said: “Cage is an organisation that has a very chequered past and anybody who sympathises with them fails to understand the seriousness of the challenges we face at this moment in terms of countering radicalisation.

“I don’t think it would be appropriate for an MP, let alone the leader of the Labour Party, to be involved with this organisation. I think Jeremy Corbyn needs to think more carefully about the kind of people and organisations to which he gives his support.

“We already face a huge challenge trying to stop terrorists and people who are trying to radicalise others and yet this organisation has endorsed these people.” Robin Simcox, research fellow at the Henry Jackson Society, an anti-extremism think tank, said: “Cage is a hugely problematic organisation and has been for some years. They are involved with and have backed various convicted terrorists.

“They are involved with people like Al Qaeda cleric Anwar Al Awlaki and have a host of other undesirable associations.

“It is an organisation that any politician should think carefully about before allying themselves with it.”

How do we prevent terrorism?
For a start we can stop people like Youssef Zaghba setting up here willy nilly, just named as the 3rd dead jihadi from Saturday
A Moroccan, Italian born in Fez Morocco but allowed to work and live in London, he was even reported to our secret services by the Italians that he was stopped at Bologna airport trying to get to Syria, these fuckers come and go in and out of this country at will

We're a weak minded state as it is.

In WW2 all the Italians and other axis nationals or British citizens with such backgrounds were interned. The Italians were sent to camps on the Isle of Man. This was the whole demographic whether they had a criminal record or were the most law abiding, charitable person in their region. That was only 70 or so years ago.

For the 20,000 or so people we have concrete evidence of seeking out terrorist manuals/websites or preaching and inciting hatred against our own people within our own country - what the F is the problem with dealing with them in a similar manner? It's fucking pathetic we've been merely watching them (incase they conduct an attack themselves or to see which "key players" they interact with) while they continue to convert a continual stream of kids to their sick ideology. People need to repeat that to themselves and realise what a pathetic attempt at controlling this is. If it takes away civil liberties from people within our nation encouraging others to kill us, why is that a problem? It's a joke. These people have not a scrap of honour so why do we deal with them in such undeserving standards.

I agree, any other lesser strategy immediately puts you in the position of playing god with civilian lives imo. If you are an adult without major mental issues why would you be looking at this stuff, seeking it out and such. To many have been found on watch lists that have still gone on to do stuff, it is not working. They are doing the best they can but this is obviously not working. It has hit a crossroads now and i choose to deal harshly with them in the hope it reduces the risk to civilians.

Those on watch lists, get them off the street until we at least can look properly at each one and make a determination if they are disillusioned bored men or hard core fanatics more than capable and willing to commit terrorist acts. I make no apologies for that pov either because that girls face 'haunts' me in ways, Saffie's innocent little face. There are a lot more Saffie's i would like to know grow up and live a good long life. Those on watch lists are not there for making the odd tweet, many have been well trained or are indeed battle hardened and represent a huge level of threat to the public via themselves or indoctrination of those vulnerable to radicalisation.

Ok, sorry. I though the IRA number was 3,700. I stand corrected.

The point stands though; 3,700 vs 34. Of course 34 is 34 too many and my words would perhaps may be upsetting for someone who's been affected and if they are I unreservedly apologise.

I just think we need to keep a perspective on things. There was a woman on the radio earlier thinking of cancelling her holiday because she's so frightened of getting on a plane. We must carry on and not be swayed by these murderers.

Again, and going by your analogy, I'll have to disagree somewhat.
Firstly, the conflict in Ulster was essentially a local affair until the republican tactic of mainland U.K. bombings in order to put pressure on the British government. Furthermore, a lot of the bombs, certainly in later years, came with warnings or were aimed at economic targets. This is in contrast to the sectarian slaughter that went on for longer periods in the province.
We need to look at this whole Islamic terror as Syria/Iraq being like Belfast or Derry with the localised sectarian/ethnic conflict.
Therefore, we can only really compare the killings by Islamists to republicans in British cities.
Isis et al have only just begun here and their aim is to slaughter as many as possible. You may be saying that things need to be kept in perspective but when you look at the attacks in fellow western countries over the last several years, I'd find the situation far more alarming than when Irish republican and loyalist groups were active apart from maybe the early 70's.

Again, and going by your analogy, I'll have to disagree somewhat.
Firstly, the conflict in Ulster was essentially a local affair until the republican tactic of mainland U.K. bombings in order to put pressure on the British government. Furthermore, a lot of the bombs, certainly in later years, came with warnings or were aimed at economic targets. This is in contrast to the sectarian slaughter that went on for longer periods in the province.
We need to look at this whole Islamic terror as Syria/Iraq being like Belfast or Derry with the localised sectarian/ethnic conflict.
Therefore, we can only really compare the killings by Islamists to republicans in British cities.
Isis et al have only just begun here and their aim is to slaughter as many as possible. You may be saying that things need to be kept in perspective but when you look at the attacks in fellow western countries over the last several years, I'd find the situation far more alarming than when Irish republican and loyalist groups were active apart from maybe the early 70's.

Another very relevant factor is that the IRA had a specific and understandable ( in the sense of being clear) cause of ending British rule in Ireland.
Islamist extremists seem to be waging war on a way of life and their enemy is the whole of Judaic Christian society. It's less of a cause than a crusade and the target is by definition pretty much indiscriminate. A belief system that fosters suicide in the cause of indiscriminate killing is frankly terrifying as there is no defence other than draconian security that would in effect destroy the freedoms of our society. The response has to be targeted at the belief system - which does mean talking to the would be Jihadists rather than killing them. Killing them, within their belief system, validates their cause and is actually a recruiting aid. Despite all the justified anger, violence is not the answer. It's just fuel to the fire.

Give your head a big wobble if you think Corbyn is the man to support any policies like these. He's continually put human rights above protecting our citizens, and made very dubious decisions in who he likes to be associated with, for example the charity Cage, of whom he signed a letter of support.

Mr Mahmood, Labour MP for Birmingham Perry Barr, said: “Cage is an organisation that has a very chequered past and anybody who sympathises with them fails to understand the seriousness of the challenges we face at this moment in terms of countering radicalisation.

“I don’t think it would be appropriate for an MP, let alone the leader of the Labour Party, to be involved with this organisation. I think Jeremy Corbyn needs to think more carefully about the kind of people and organisations to which he gives his support.

“We already face a huge challenge trying to stop terrorists and people who are trying to radicalise others and yet this organisation has endorsed these people.” Robin Simcox, research fellow at the Henry Jackson Society, an anti-extremism think tank, said: “Cage is a hugely problematic organisation and has been for some years. They are involved with and have backed various convicted terrorists.

“They are involved with people like Al Qaeda cleric Anwar Al Awlaki and have a host of other undesirable associations.

“It is an organisation that any politician should think carefully about before allying themselves with it.”
Thanks for that. Certainly each candidate has major downfalls but despite what you post, without turning this into the Gen Elec thread I believe my vote is best put toward preventing an irreversible decision re: the NHS. Whoever wins, they aren't a dictator so they still need the vote of the house to pass anything and support of their ministers.

What we need is new tougher laws governing terrorist acts committed in this country, there are no go areas in parts of this country which has to be brought to a end, people giving speeches on street corners spouting all sorts of violence should be arrested on sight, anyone caught carrying out acts of violence should be thrown out of the country along with all family members, I'm sick to death off all the do gooders the PCs brigade who have contributed to the downfall to where we are today, grow some balls and get this sorted, and no I'm not racist just sick to fuck what the cowards are doing to innocent people.

I am of the opinion that these are not reall terrorists... These are copycat terrorists... They hear about it on the news, they talk amongst their little group and plan an attack of their own, they want to be famous..... They dont have the terrorist network connections and end up doing it with knives and vans......

We got to stop reporting this shit.. which we cant, but ffs the media, the press have got to stop helping make martyrs of these people. They are no better than crazies that go on school shooting rampages.

I would have a complete news blackout on the names of the terrorists, or start painting these people for what they are, sad little loners who no one listens to.. bandwagon jumpers, no terrorist links, no access to guns, or bombs usually.

They are not terrorists, though the govn would have you bellieve that, they want us to be scared

Have a read of this, see if it changes your opinion, http://markcurtis.info/2017/06/03/the-manchester-bombing-as-blowback-the-latest-evidence/

It seems well researched butI can't say if it's all true, even if only half of it is factual then Abedi was more than just a loon planning shit in his bedroom.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.