Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it's all up to Sanchez now if he tells arsenal it's either city now or city in 12 months either way that's where I will eventually end up. Arsenal would be stupid to resist for these reasons 1. Keeping an unhappy player 2. Losing out on a potential 50m and 3. There potentially putting there future plans back 12months by keeping a player they are going have to replace in 12 months time. If what is being posted is true then I expect Sanchez to be a city player before the end of the window.

Just to say, for the respect I have for Romero, Lee and others, the one journalist who carries the absolute most weight here is Maks Cardenas and everyone should pay attention when he has something to say. He is as connected as it comes for Chilean nationals in Europe and has a flawless track record on their transfers etc.

So far, Cardenas is only saying what we already know - Sanchez wants to come to us, but Arsenal are pushing hard that he should leave the league (ie, to Bayern). I concur with @BillyShears, and it certainly appears City do also, that if the player simply holds strong in the face of pressure then sooner or later he will be ours.

Sanchez has all the power here. He doesn't have to extend his contract, or go to Germany. If he wants City, then City he will have. And Arsenal can cry and whine about it til the rags come home, but it does the square root of fuck all at the end of the day. And you know what? I think they'll just take the £50m, get a few signings and weather the storm.

I think you have to be a little more subtle in your thinking. All they've been "fed" on the record is that Alexis is a transfer target for this summer. Beyond that City aren't saying very much and quite frankly it's rare that City give up anything of relevance about a deal they are pursuing. That information comes from other places, for example journalists in Chile or in Barcelona, people who are close to Pep in the media or close to Alexis.

Fair enough.

By the way, you mentioned in the pod that if Bayern signed a winger things might start getting interesting.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...kel_gnabry_die-optionen-neben-den-bayern.html

Don't know how good your german is but looks like they've somehow engineered a situation where they can pick up Serge Gnabry for free, and while he's definitely not Sanchez, he's young, very promising and German, and Uli Hoeness loves having Germans in the side (3 of his 4 transfers since coming back from prison have been Germans).

Fair enough.

By the way, you mentioned in the pod that if Bayern signed a winger things might start getting interesting.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...kel_gnabry_die-optionen-neben-den-bayern.html

Don't know how good your german is but looks like they've somehow engineered a situation where they can pick up Serge Gnabry for free, and while he's definitely not Sanchez, he's young, very promising and German, and Uli Hoeness loves having Germans in the side (3 of his 4 transfers since coming back from prison have been Germans).

They wanted Brandt really badly this summer and Sane last summer. TBH i think there's no love lost between Bayern and City and if they can fuck our Sanchez situation and take him, i'm sure they will.

@BillyShears absolute gold that podcast mate, I like the way you get the journalists to open up great questioning technique keep them coming thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.