Grenfell Tower block disaster

She is indicating that the government is trying to control the death toll for political means, i.e. a slow drip of deaths will create less outcry than stating its 100 plus right now, not sure she is right but I wouldn't rule it out

They can't state it because they don't know. They've only searched half the flats so far.

They can't announce casualties until they've found them. It's not that complicated.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with "Passive" fire protection in high rise buildings. It has worked well for a long time. We need to identify how it went wrong at Grenfel Tower and what needs to be done to put things right again.

How can they possibly minimise the numbers?
The numbers will be minimised, because its unlikely they will ever know the full outcome, intentionally or not.

They will never know who was actually in there, 120+ flats, so there will be people visiting other people, people who might be sub letting, people who were never really residents, replaced by people who were, but the authorities have no idea about.

Then add to that, the shear damage, floors in flats will likely have collapsed away from the buildings concrete core, maybe many floors, and people who originally succumbed to the smoke, will have then been burnt beyond normal recognition, probably (and not to sound dramatic) almost to dust, that maybe only things like teeth will be found.

Its horrific to think what went on in there, it really is, but I can't see anyway that they will ever know the final numbers.

They can't state it because they don't know. They've only searched half the flats so far.

They can't announce casualties until they've found them. It's not that complicated.

Not heard one estimate though, I think the authorities have a good indication now of the number missing, as you say it's not that complicated

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.