Each managers best signing

The question for me is always; How many of these were the manager's signings? Transfer decision making is usually not transparent, having it any other way would be corporately /politically impossible, and the vagueness probably helps in many ways.

Point is, no-one would call Jo a Mark Hughes signing, most wouldn't call Robinho 'his' signing, and Tevez always felt like a club signing to me. (Where is Kia these days anyway?)

More recently, Sterling and KDB felt like "pre-Pep" signings.

Thought I'd just pop down potentially the worst ones! Edit, just spotted someone else had the same idea and I'd completely forgotten about Bony!
Pep - Bravo
Pel - Zuculini or Mangala
Bob - Maicon
Hughes - Santa Cruz, Jo and Bridge
Sven - Bianchi
Pearce - Corradi or Hamann
Keegan - I couldn't decide between Fowler or Sommeil or Macken or Negouai or Mettomo or Bischoff and then I remembered McManaman!!

That Hughes trio was a disaster. How many millions wasted there ?

Keegan - Ali B, Distin
Pearce - Joe Hart long-term, M'penza short-term
Sven - like to say Elano, but as far as I can remember we got more out of Petrov
Hughes - Kompany and Zabba for overall contribution, Tevez for impact, and Adebayor for that celebration
Bobby - hard to pick between the obvious three, but have to say Yaya
Pellers - Fernandinho or KdB
Pep - Way to early to tell, Sane so far

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.