Article 50/Brexit Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's a very hateful piece on the English really, and the DUP are the major political party in Northern Ireland and are more aligned to Tory values so it's obvious that they will have a junior role in the process. O'Toole doesn't mention the tub thumping SNP in his diatribe a tub thumping they have been banging for decades now.
Underpinning all this is the same spiel ignoring the fact the majority of the voters in the UK wanted to Brexit and he infers that the English are unfit to run a country?

looking at the news today the EU side are taking the lead in the neg's setting out what will be discussed first - and the money is at the forefront - before any talk of trade.

Of course....as I said before they have no need to negotiate with us..... people will still buy the goods even after tariffs are imposed (BMW / Mercedes etc) because comparable goods are not available elsewhere. They will trade with us tariff free where it gives them a competitive advantage.

expect this to be a rough ride....we are already seeing the impact with inflation and next will be interest rates

The one thing that I fairly clear here is across the whole of parliament they haven't a fucking clue how or what they are going to get a deal. They're basically going into the negotiations trying to wing it and see what happens. Brexit is now the elephant in the room in every aspect of British life and it's already cost £130m in an election that wasn't necessary. By the time Britain has left and paid the divorce bill etc the UK is going to have to make up billions and billions of lot money.

To get a good deal, something is going to have to give, it's as simple as that and at some point the Govt is going to have to stick two fingers up to the 52% and say for the good of the country it's impossible to just leave with the situation we're in. The only way to a reasonable deal that I can see would be a Norway/Switzerland type deal but that would include giving up certain rights such as immigration. I would like to see something like that for a ten year period whilst Britain trains its nurses and doctors etc in preparation for another referendum in ten years where one of the options should be to either remain like that or leave.

Sticking two fingers up at the 52% isn't the answer. They're just not going to take that lying down. We do need to buy time, its ridiculous to believe that 40 years of econmic integration can be overturned in 2 years. A lengthy transitional arrangement is essential, but it does need to be on the basis of a phased separation, starting with legal separation, eventually ending up with a preferred long term trading arrangement.

Can I ask, cos I don't get it, why it's okay for the EU to pump €80BN a month into the Euro, for quantative easing and it's okay, but we're not allowed and we have to live with austerity measures?

I never quite understand why it's alright for one, but not another, considering the strength of the pound is not calamitous as one would expect at this stage.

Sticking two fingers up at the 52% isn't the answer. They're just not going to take that lying down. We do need to buy time, its ridiculous to believe that 40 years of econmic integration can be overturned in 2 years. A lengthy transitional arrangement is essential, but it does need to be on the basis of a phased separation, starting with legal separation, eventually ending up with a preferred long term trading arrangement.

100% agree with this it's a constructive exit strategy that would ensure our best possible exit.

Can I ask, cos I don't get it, why it's okay for the EU to pump €80BN a month into the Euro, for quantative easing and it's okay, but we're not allowed and we have to live with austerity measures?

I never quite understand why it's alright for one, but not another, considering the strength of the pound is not calamitous as one would expect at this stage.

You can ask, we are allowed, have you missed the last 10 years?

I'm not an expert, by any means, in economics so no need to be a Dick about a question.

I asked why is it okay for Europe to prop up the Euro with quantative easing?

Don't bother answering me, actually.

Cheers.

Like you mate I am completely baffled by how this works, is it damaging or is it not damaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.