Post Match Thread: Election 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has watched chuka closely you will come to the obvious conclusion that he is a giant ****. He is always on the verge of getting really angry with anyone who disagrees with him. Be warned he is a very flawed individual.

In years to come this post will be a case study in projection

Seems reasonable enough. So in fact the 'marxists Corbyn.. causing anochy' stuff, is a bit of shite? Nobody is really gonna lose? - Well, except the poor twats whose homes have burnt down.

Correct, this is not a land grab, it is not property is theft. There is a political element to it. It highlights the disgraceful number of properties left deliberately empty in London and the right wing don't like it because it sets a precedent in peacetime, that public need trumps property rights, even if it is extreme circumstances like this, they'll see such a move as the thin end of the wedge.

Correct, this is not a land grab, it is not property is theft. There is a political element to it. It highlights the disgraceful number of properties left deliberately empty in London and the right wing don't like it because it sets a precedent in peacetime, that public need trumps property rights, even if it is extreme circumstances like this, they'll see such a move as the thin end of the wedge.

Property is theft! I give up. Let's all get round the camp fire and share all our food and goods out equally.

Right fair, hand on heart, how many private investors do you think are voluntarily going to answer that call. These are people who these investor types wouldn't want to share their neighborhood with, never mind invite them to live in their properties.

You never know. If there is hundreds of houses empty around the area and have been empty for some time, there could be owners willing to give out temporary homes. I can see we're going to go round in circles here. You can agree with him and I'll disagree.

Well this certainly seems to be an emergency. Has it happened before? Like with floods, or earthquakes or something.. and is it in fact only a temporary thing? until the destroyed homes are renewed? so it would in effect be a pragmatic stop-gap only, so as the investor is minimally inconvenienced?

Of course it has - major flooding has happened fairly regularly - ask the folks in Carlisle. In recent years the Somerset Levels and surrounding areas flooded extensively and the council - also Tory - coped well there because they had a disaster plan and were well funded thanks to local MP and PM David Cameron....

Of course it has - major flooding has happened fairly regularly - ask the folks in Carlisle. In recent years the Somerset Levels and surrounding areas flooded extensively and the council - also Tory - coped well there because they had a disaster plan and were well funded thanks to local MP and PM David Cameron....

I suspect they had contingency plans in place to use public buildings and maybe even private facilities, sports clubs and the like.

Oh, and the budget for it.

I'm not sure whether that's a serious nit-pick. No other punctuation was needed. Far too many commas in the world (oops, no verb). I think I'd have inserted a "that" in "I invite some clever dick to pick out a mistake in my post thereby ironically proving (that) what I am saying is correct", but goalmole may be a Guardian proof reader charged with taking out any unnecessary "that".

As to "would of" it was bad enough having it in print, but now people are saying it out loud. Just say "I woulduv done that" just like we woulduv done.
To be fair to Bigga he responded to my post in the spirit I expected when I put that line in my post. I replied to him in the same spirit to thank him for picking the faults out in my grammar. Just a bit of good natured fun between friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.