Article 50/Brexit Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
In May 2016 Farage said that a narrow 52-48% win for Remain side would be “unfinished business” and would prompt him to fight for a second referendum. So why can't we have a second vote once details of the deal are announced?

Two answers spring to mind:
a) Farage was speaking on behalf of a party that currently has no MPs.
b) The party touting this policy in their election manifesto was LibDem. They won 12 seats.

bodes well doesn't it?

However as many assured me on Bluemoon this was going to be a walk over and the EU need us more than we need them so we should piss it inside a year shouldn't we?

A year? 6 months mate. Once we play the German carmakers card it will be all over. Bunting, street parties and much rejoicing will fall upon this land. Can't wait personally.

The pivotal moment will be when the divorce bill is leaked, there'll be a collective "Fuck Me!" Maybe a couple of major employers upping stumps, or threatening to. We'll see then whether the Tories can hold their nerve, especially if the polls start to really move and food prices keep rising against a backdrop of stagnant wages.

My money is still on us leaving, but if Merkel were to offer a temporary seven year limit on immigration, that was muted not too long ago, who knows.

Hammond says the people voted for Brexit, they didn't vote to be poorer. That's a sort of cake and eat it in reverse, isn't it?

As the Brexit vote is already making us poorer, that is what the people voted for. The big question is "Did they know?" and then if they did, "Did they mean it?" Did they vote to leave even though it would make us poorer, or did they really not believe "project fear"? The real culprits in this are the people who called the warnings "project fear" - especially those like Boris who knew the fears were real but opted to get behind Leave for his own political career prospects. Then there's May who actually said it would be bad, but didn't say it publicly, then went Uber-Remain for her own political career prospects. (I think Boris just remembered his debating society days when you had to argue a case when you really believed the opposite.)

What do you now call Remoaners who, having been told to suck it up, didn't, and now are seeing some fruits from their persistence? Remoanermainers? Or just right?

The conservatives have spent 40 years fighting each other over Europe. Some of them got their referendum and have dragged us all into their squabble which continues but instead of the Tory party being the only thing affected by the fall out now its all of us FFS

The pivotal moment will be when the divorce bill is leaked, there'll be a collective "Fuck Me!" Maybe a couple of major employers upping stumps, or threatening to. We'll see then whether the Tories can hold their nerve, especially if the polls start to really move and food prices keep rising against a backdrop of stagnant wages.

My money is still on us leaving, but if Merkel were to offer a temporary seven year limit on immigration, that was muted not too long ago, who knows.
Do they even want us to stay anymore. For decades we have been a drag on their ambitions of closer integration and the Brexit vote was the culmination of that. No, No, No, and all that. Would they really want to keep us and return to the status quo ante or do they see this as an opportunity to finally rid themselves of us once and for all and the only thing they are negotiating for is to rub our noses in it and make an example of us.
I'd love to know what is really in the minds of the EU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.