Article 50/Brexit Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so. It's only final assembly of parts flown in from Europe. And if Airbus wanted to build new factories in Europe (a) they certainly would not now be in the UK and (b) they'd probably need immigrants to build them and work in them.

Airbus will never build (another) factory in the UK because there is no need to, they satisfy demand in Europe doing what they do now. They are perhaps an exception however because the fact remains that every product they build is individually capable of moving itself to anywhere on the globe. There is a question therefore, why would they build a factory elsewhere then?

Would a foreign car company build a factory here in the UK out of the EU, of course they would if it was cheaper and they could guarantee the same levels of quality etc. That is exactly why Airbus are doing what they are doing and the lack of membership of a superstate in those foreign countries has not stopped them doing it.

It is still a fact though, the reason they are building factories abroad is because that is now primarily where their orders are coming from. I was really talking about opportunity rather than the logistics behind the operation itself.

If we left the EU would Airbus continue it's operation here? Absolutely yes because for a start it would cost them a fortune to leave. We also have the expertise and logistical base that brought them here in the first place and that was long before the EU in it's current form even existed.

There's yet more rhetoric from EU officials talking to the media about whether Brexit can be reversed.

To them I say: not your place to comment, know your place.

There's yet more rhetoric from EU officials talking to the media about whether Brexit can be reversed.

To them I say: not your place to comment, know your place.
I'd say only they can comment, hand your notice in at work and try and reverse it you'll find it's entirely out of your hands and in the hands of your employer.

I'd say only they can comment, hand your notice in at work and try and reverse it you'll find it's entirely out of your hands and in the hands of your employer.
We haven't expressed a wish to do that - they are trying to influence our decision making. This is a matter of internal UK politics as to what we decide to do on the international stage. Foreigners have no right to try and influence our people in that. We have had our say and they are disrespecting it in their arrogance.

Fascinating, but disturbing, that the government have totally given up any discussion of any benefits to Brexit and are purely talking about minimising damage.

What an enormous, national clusterfuck.

We haven't expressed a wish to do that - they are trying to influence our decision making. This is a matter of internal UK politics as to what we decide to do on the international stage. Foreigners have no right to try and influence our people in that. We have had our say and they are disrespecting it in their arrogance.
What's article 50 if not a notice to leave the club ? Of course those 'foreigners' have a right to decide whether to reverse it or not, if we ask to.

That same 'arrogance' was lauded on here when Barroso was asked to comment during the Scottish independence referendum on SNP EU aspirations.

I think it's very difficult to untangle EU negotiating techniques from EU helpfulness.

What's article 50 if not a notice to leave the club ? Of course those 'foreigners' have a right to decide whether to reverse it or not, if we ask to.
Employment isn't an ideal analogy - we are sovereign with the exception of international law. The EU is a voluntary organisation in whether you want to be a part of it. They have a right to deny us membership yes, I'm not making a point about that. I don't know why you felt the need to highlight the word foreigners unless you want to be a citizen of a United States of Europe rather than the UK. They are foreigners in the definition of the word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.