Ousmane Dembélé

You mean the second list that he didn't mention until it was all over the media?

Afternoon all.

For the avoidance of doubt, this is where I first gave an explanation of City’s complex transfer dealings, and how there are five priority targets, plus others who will be bought depending on several different factors.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/tran...n-citys-top-centre-back-target-but-move-could

It was a couple of days later - on June 5 - when I first thought the easiest way to explain it would be to say there are two ‘lists’. Here’s the Facebook post. As you can see, it does not say ‘edited’ at the top, so it's been untouched for three weeks.

Since then I have continued saying City effectively have two lists. I don’t know if there are physically two lists pinned to Txiki’s notice board, but it is the best way I could think of to explain how their business is laid out this summer (according to my information, anyway).

In any case, I have no idea which media this information has been “plastered all over”. There are many good accounts of City’s transfer targets and plans this summer (either from journalists or people on here or Twitter), and some of them will be right and I will be wrong, or we will all be right, or all be wrong. People will beat me to City’s specific targets - regularly - but I don’t recall anybody talking about two lists, or City wanting four full-backs on the day it was claimed Bertrand was an alternative to Mendy.

Now after all that I must say it’s not the accusation of being a fraud that bothers me. It’s the reasoning behind it.

The relevant people know who they are and I wanted to come on here and put across the other side, so everybody knows what they need to.

For those few people who insist I am a blagger, you would have to ask yourself why I’ve not ripped off rumours about Carvalho, Bonucci, Laporte, Semedo, Grimaldo, Fabinho, Aurier, Bellerin, Rulli, Martinez etc etc etc. In fact, I have been confident in saying ALL of those players, and others, will not be signed - a very risky move, but I trust my sources.

I may turn out to be wrong, but they will be honest mistakes. I believe I was doing well enough in terms of popularity among City fans without writing too much about transfers, so I would not stake the following I have earned by guessing at transfer rumours which could blow up in my face within days. I write for one fan base, it makes no sense to alienate you. And as most of you know who I support, I don't need to be giving you any excuses.

Since I started this job in October 2015 I wanted to be open with people, because I realised that many fans felt they could not have conversations with journalists. This is why I reply to sensible tweets (and some mad ones) and pretty much all DMs, even when most of them are asking for updates on Mendy or Alexis. I also do unmoderated Facebook lives, and genuinely enjoy them.

I have talked extensively about how I obtain the bulk of my information on many occasions, including on lengthy 9320 Podcasts. It’s all there for public consumption.

I also vowed not to look on this very forum, not because I don't value the opinions or information that's on here, but because if the day came that I would ever be accused of taking stories from here, I could honestly say I don’t use it. Today is that day! Since my run-in with Stan Collymore at Villa Park (when I was told to check out BM by a colleague) until about two or three weeks ago, I did not pay a single visit. Recently people have been DMing me on Twitter trying to confirm transfer hints that they have seen on here, and there have also been other posts that have been brought to my attention, which I now want to confront.

I appreciate this may come across as unseemly, and I’ve been told most of you guys appreciate my efforts, so firstly apologies for this post but also thank you.

As many of you know, I sometimes say more than I should, and I probably should have let this lie but I wanted to get it off my chest. If you don't believe my stories that's fine, but do it for the right reasons.

If anybody has any issues with this post, or me, you know where you can find me on Twitter and Facebook, as I don't think I'll post too many times on here again - but you never know!

Cheers

Afternoon all.

For the avoidance of doubt, this is where I first gave an explanation of City’s complex transfer dealings, and how there are five priority targets, plus others who will be bought depending on several different factors.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/tran...n-citys-top-centre-back-target-but-move-could

It was a couple of days later - on June 5 - when I first thought the easiest way to explain it would be to say there are two ‘lists’. Here’s the Facebook post. As you can see, it does not say ‘edited’ at the top, so it's been untouched for three weeks.

Since then I have continued saying City effectively have two lists. I don’t know if there are physically two lists pinned to Txiki’s notice board, but it is the best way I could think of to explain how their business is laid out this summer (according to my information, anyway).

In any case, I have no idea which media this information has been “plastered all over”. There are many good accounts of City’s transfer targets and plans this summer (either from journalists or people on here or Twitter), and some of them will be right and I will be wrong, or we will all be right, or all be wrong. People will beat me to City’s specific targets - regularly - but I don’t recall anybody talking about two lists, or City wanting four full-backs on the day it was claimed Bertrand was an alternative to Mendy.

Now after all that I must say it’s not the accusation of being a fraud that bothers me. It’s the reasoning behind it.

The relevant people know who they are and I wanted to come on here and put across the other side, so everybody knows what they need to.

For those few people who insist I am a blagger, you would have to ask yourself why I’ve not ripped off rumours about Carvalho, Bonucci, Laporte, Semedo, Grimaldo, Fabinho, Aurier, Bellerin, Rulli, Martinez etc etc etc. In fact, I have been confident in saying ALL of those players, and others, will not be signed - a very risky move, but I trust my sources.

I may turn out to be wrong, but they will be honest mistakes. I believe I was doing well enough in terms of popularity among City fans without writing too much about transfers, so I would not stake the following I have earned by guessing at transfer rumours which could blow up in my face within days. I write for one fan base, it makes no sense to alienate you. And as most of you know who I support, I don't need to be giving you any excuses.

Since I started this job in October 2015 I wanted to be open with people, because I realised that many fans felt they could not have conversations with journalists. This is why I reply to sensible tweets (and some mad ones) and pretty much all DMs, even when most of them are asking for updates on Mendy or Alexis. I also do unmoderated Facebook lives, and genuinely enjoy them.

I have talked extensively about how I obtain the bulk of my information on many occasions, including on lengthy 9320 Podcasts. It’s all there for public consumption.

I also vowed not to look on this very forum, not because I don't value the opinions or information that's on here, but because if the day came that I would ever be accused of taking stories from here, I could honestly say I don’t use it. Today is that day! Since my run-in with Stan Collymore at Villa Park (when I was told to check out BM by a colleague) until about two or three weeks ago, I did not pay a single visit. Recently people have been DMing me on Twitter trying to confirm transfer hints that they have seen on here, and there have also been other posts that have been brought to my attention, which I now want to confront.

I appreciate this may come across as unseemly, and I’ve been told most of you guys appreciate my efforts, so firstly apologies for this post but also thank you.

As many of you know, I sometimes say more than I should, and I probably should have let this lie but I wanted to get it off my chest. If you don't believe my stories that's fine, but do it for the right reasons.

If anybody has any issues with this post, or me, you know where you can find me on Twitter and Facebook, as I don't think I'll post too many times on here again - but you never know!

Cheers

Good man, Sam! I always appreciate your twitter work and you always come across as genuine. You also manage to be a rag covering City without bias unlike some of your competition

Afternoon all.

Cheers

I enjoy your info on the podcast and twitter as im sure most people do, keep up the good work and ignore those that don't

I doubt you've spent much time on the Sterling thread then.

If it's a no then fair enough. I wasn't tarring you with any brush and I wasn't asking you to represent the bandwagon jumping, low IQ percentage of every club, just asking a simple question.

My question still remains with regards to their respective pace; why do you feel so strongly that Dembele is the quicker of the two? How do you think he'd stand up against Sane? There's not been much in the way of sound reasoning there, just pure speculation. Like I said, it's a relatively meaningless comparison which I don't care much about but I did wonder why you were quite so adamant about it.

Was it just more a case of making a baseless assertion and feeling the need to sand by it when questioned by others?

I stand by it as i remember walker easily handling sterling for pace in a couple of games....yet dembele left him for dust in that international. So no, far from baseless then...

Yet the stats say otherwise.

I'm not talking about dribbling past a player as stats can be very misleading on that front. "Take ons" can cover an array of situations. I'm talking about tearing past players with pace and pace alone. In this case don't tell me raheem has more than sane...no way.

Afternoon all.

Cheers

I think most people on here think you're an honest guy and more often than not you try and get as much reliable information out there as you possibly can. Obviously there are a few that disagree but that happens on every open forum/social media platform. People just love to complain but from what i've been you've always done your best to interact with the fans on all matters. In fact I even had a brief twitter conversation with you the other day about the dangers of letting marginal offsides go in this new VAR system and came away pleasantly surprised with a journalist interacting with fans.

I and probably most others would have no problem with you sticking around and contributing to certain topics but obviously understand the stick you would probably get from certain fans who'll claim you're recycling information from here.

Afternoon all.

Cheers

He's cracking....

Afternoon all.

Cheers

Don't have to explain yourself mate, stick around you might like it, there will be no blue tick mind.

Afternoon all.

Cheers

Class Sam ! Always thanks for your info.

Keep going, Sam !!

Afternoon all.

Cheers

Sam,

I really enjoy your input on the 9320 podcasts and find you really informative.

Fuck anyone who has had a go at you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.