Adele

This .
Mustn't be a lot of talent around , bores me to death .
Talent these days is a dirty and misused word often translated as showing off....shows you where we are at as a society. In my thread "Blues for Johnny" a few said I was talented. Forty years of focus and practice isn't talent, it's dedication. Imagine how I feel after all this time and effort to hear people call it musical masturbation or showing off only to be outshone by some chancer on a ukelele...because it's trendy.....That's where we are at I'm afraid.....fuck 'em...everything comes full circle eventually...
Cream always rises to the top...

She has had surgery before on her vocal cords,if she can't sing then she can't do it,her true fans would not want her to potentially damage her voice for good by trying to do these last 2 shows

I think she should give it a go then.

She's got a fantastic voice. Can understand why people might not be into her or a fan but to say she's shite or untalented is bollocks.

In the same mould of Ed Sheeran, music has become a throwaway consumable product for the tasteless masses. You don't need to be able to sing, play an instrument or even write a song anymore. It's not about talent, it's about marketing and aggressive promotion, the industry can take Debbie who works at Greggs, work on her image, employ a few ghostwriters to write an album for her, put her on every talkshow possible to create a buzz, play her album on YouTube/tv/radio constantly and her album will go platinum. Fast forward a few years and Debbie's appeal has faded, the masses have been moved on to this years bright new thing and Debbie can't even fall back on her royalties because she doesn't own her own catalogue of hits. In the old days the music was a part of a wider movement/youth culture (punk/hip hop/acid house/Indy), musicians had done their apprenticeships and worked hard to get their music out, they just wanted to make music - not be famous, popularity was organic. These days it is just one humongous mix of background noise and advert music.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.