Musicians Thread

Bill Walker

Team supported
City
Dabz with his Blues for Johnny thread made me thing there's a few of us very keen muso's on here and we should display our wares for ridicule or critique, after all we love doing it but we also love to hear what people think.
So to get the ball rolling here is a song I wrote, its kinda Pink Floydish I suppose and its a real happy track about nuclear war :)
Its called Dust & Dreams, there is an explosion 2/3 the way in, this is not the end theres a kind of piano vocal bit after it, any would love some feedback.....however bad.

Were you having a piss at the start of this?
Sorry, not bad at all, but not exactly knees up music, and Pink Floyd were great with Syd Barrett, but for me,
not so great after, but to each their own. Nice arrangement though.

Hope this works. New to soundcloud so not sure how to embed.
Was stuck for ideas one day so we decided to do everything on the roll of a dice, Rhythm, chords, tempo, theme, the lot..
Nice laid back tune deffo NOT The Smiths. ;O)

Dabz with his Blues for Johnny thread made me thing there's a few of us very keen muso's on here and we should display our wares for ridicule or critique, after all we love doing it but we also love to hear what people think.
So to get the ball rolling here is a song I wrote, its kinda Pink Floydish I suppose and its a real happy track about nuclear war :)
Its called Dust & Dreams, there is an explosion 2/3 the way in, this is not the end theres a kind of piano vocal bit after it, any would love some feedback.....however bad.

Good stuff Nimmy, hangs together well. Maybe a collaboration sometime when I can get my head round my Zoom r8...All my stuff so far has been done on Cuebase on my mates laptop and my other mates Boss 8 track. I want to wrap my head around my r8 so I can write and record my own stuff independently. You know how it is when you do stuff with a band...Everyone has their own ideas, standards and patience levels so it can be a bit of a bind sometimes.

Have been having piano lessons now for about 6 months and I am struggling like mad. Seem to be getting no where. It is a bit like the karate kid 'wax on, wax off, but I am going to stick at it.

Have been having piano lessons now for about 6 months and I am struggling like mad. Seem to be getting no where. It is a bit like the karate kid 'wax on, wax off, but I am going to stick at it.
Sticking at it is what it takes, keep at it. I promise, one day it will click in to place for you and you will look back and feel proud of yourself.
Remember, when you learn an instrument you're asking your body to do something it wasn't designed to do so you really have to batter it till you get it....once you're in the zone, there is nothing like it and you wont regret it. Good luck.

Good stuff Nimmy, hangs together well. Maybe a collaboration sometime when I can get my head round my Zoom r8...All my stuff so far has been done on Cuebase on my mates laptop and my other mates Boss 8 track. I want to wrap my head around my r8 so I can write and record my own stuff independently. You know how it is when you do stuff with a band...Everyone has their own ideas, standards and patience levels so it can be a bit of a bind sometimes.
Yeah mate, I know what you mean
That's what I use, a zoom r8
Great little machine

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.