Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great if we get him, not too bad if we don't.

Rare transfer where either outcome doesn't feel too negative.

Silva is not a forward, Roberts won't be in the squad.

We have 4 players for 3 positions as is, it's not enough. Hence why we are trying to sign Sanchez. Not because Pep thinks it'll be a right laugh pissing off Wenger or Arsenal FanTV, but because he needs him.
Think he is a luxury would be great to have him here but I really don't think we need him! I believe he is on the decline and to take minutes from sterling, gabby Jesus or sane who will only improve year after year would be criminal. Where would you play b Silva? He his played as a wide mid/ winger most of his career why would we sign him to play him elsewhere?

Seems strange reading that he's on the decline on the back of his arguably most productive season.

Think he is a luxury would be great to have him here but I really don't think we need him! I believe he is on the decline and to take minutes from sterling, gabby Jesus or sane who will only improve year after year would be criminal. Where would you play b Silva? He his played as a wide mid/ winger most of his career why would we sign him to play him elsewhere?

If all our forwards stay fit all season and avoid suspensions then arguably we don't need him. But now that Kelechi appears to be out of the picture we would only need a couple of injuries such as the one Jesus picked up and we'd be stretched. Better to err on the side of caution.

Some bizarre views on here suggesting we don't need Sanchez. There is no 'perfect world' scenario where our current forwards will be available and on form for the entire season. If he wants us and is attainable then signing him is a no-brainer.

I think sanchez knows he's not getting any older

8a167127cb386a00ebd9a9de272dec05.gif

Seems strange reading that he's on the decline on the back of his arguably most productive season.
Been played further forward, for the record I'm a big fan of him I believe we need full backs or a cm more then Sanchez.
If all our forwards stay fit all season and avoid suspensions then arguably we don't need him. But now that Kelechi appears to be out of the picture we would only need a couple of injuries such as the one Jesus picked up and we'd be stretched. Better to err on the side of caution.
But that's the same in most of our positions if we lose aguero and sane for example we have Jesus, Silva and sterling starting that's great depth and I'm worried how happy our young players are when they are fighting for a spot on the bench.

He's on the decline? He's 28, just had his most prolific season ever, 30 goals and 20 assists. He created or scored 2/3rds of Arsenal's goals last season.

If he's on the decline, it's in the same way Ronaldo has been on 'the decline' since about 2013.

Sterling and Sané were so overplayed last season that we had to rest Sterling, and Sané was so tired he refused the ball in the FA Cup final, he just didn't have the energy to keep running with it. Then we benched him and had to play Clichy instead, at wingback! It was so shite Pep had to bring him on at half time.

So I see your opinion about it being criminal to take time away from the kids and say this instead - it would be criminal to overplay them and run them into the ground again, expecting them to play at their best for 50-60 full games a season. It also isn't great to put the goal demands on such young kids. Pep said the biggest problem last season was scoring - so is it fair to now demand 15-20 league goals each from Sterling, Sané and Jesus, and have our success or failure rest on them making a massive jump up in scoring?

He's on the decline? He's 28, just had his most prolific season ever, 30 goals and 20 assists. He created or scored 2/3rds of Arsenal's goals last season.

If he's on the decline, it's in the same way Ronaldo has been on 'the decline' since about 2013.

Sterling and Sané were so overplayed last season that we had to rest Sterling, and Sané was so tired he refused the ball in the FA Cup final, he just didn't have the energy to keep running with it. Then we benched him and had to play Clichy instead, at wingback! It was so shite Pep had to bring him on at half time.

So I see your opinion about it being criminal to take time away from the kids and say this instead - it would be criminal to overplay them and run them into the ground again, expecting them to play at their best for 50-60 full games a season. It also isn't great to put the goal demands on such young kids. Pep said the biggest problem last season was scoring - so is it fair to now demand 15-20 league goals each from Sterling, Sané and Jesus, and have our success or failure rest on them making a massive jump up in scoring?
I get were you are coming from and Sanchez is a very talented player, but I'm just so excited about the potential we have in our front three if they realise it we will dominate the league for a number of years don't want to rock the boat unnecessarily. If he comes brilliant he will improve our starting 11 but if not I'm ok with that. We have a very strong attack without him. Gk which we have addressed and full backs in my opinion cost us the trophies last year we simply got punished for every mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.