Musicians Thread

Just a quick note for any beginners out there who find it daunting.
Thousands of well known songs use the exactly same chord sequences, so if you learn what's known as the four chord bash you can play loads of stuff using them. Blue Moon is a great example. C Am F G. Learn them, and you can play virtually every pop song from the fifties and sixties.
You'd be shocked at how many songs use D A Bm G, With or Without you by U2, a great example using this sequence. Then there is the 3 chord twelve bar blues that Quo made a mint from, E A B...or...A D E...Piece of piss...But remember, the more you practice the quicker it will happen for you. Some people go for lessons but don't practice in between, do that, and you may never get the hang of it.
Hope this encourages some of you.
Ps, there is an element of pain involved...cramps, raw finger tips, neck/back ache, all of which passes eventually.

Last edited:
Good stuff. I was taken for piano lessons for the first time as a six year old and just kept plugging away over the years. I suppose it's easier when you are a child as you don't really understand what you are doing and you just practice, but it paid dividends later on.

Like someone else said, it does just sort of come together and you can play what you want.

It took me years to learn how to play the piano as a child and I don't know if I could do it as an adult, so my hat goes off to you.

What I will say is when you can play it as you would like, it is a very rewarding experience, and well worth the effort.

I am determined to get my head around it mate. Thanks for the advice.

Thousands of well known songs use the exactly same chord sequences, so if you learn what's known as the four chord bash you can play loads of stuff using them. Blue Moon is a great example. C Am F G. Learn them, and you can play virtually every pop song from the fifties and sixties.
You'd be shocked at how many songs use D A Bm G, With or Without you by U2, a great example using this sequence. Then there is the 3 chord twelve bar blues that Quo made a mint from, E A B...or...A D E...Piece of piss...But remember, the more you practice the quicker it will happen for you. Some people go for lessons but don't practice in between, do that, and you may never get the hang of it.
Ps, there is an element of pain involved...cramps, raw finger tips, neck/back ache, all of which passes eventually.

I find it hard with work to get practice in but I make sure I do my scales every single day. My problem is the lessons really. I do 4 on 4 off but my tutor can only give me lessons on a Tuesday or Wednesday, so sometimes I can not have a lesson for a couple of weeks. He is a really good tutor so I don't want to go else where.

I started listening to songs and learning them, started playing in a band playing social clubs at fourteen then playing club backing in later years had to read drum music then, but glad i learnt to get my head round it, for those who just play on your own, get yourself on Bandhub where you can record covers or your original music using musicains from all over the world. its great fun and no pressure and no cost to anyone

I started listening to songs and learning them, started playing in a band playing social clubs at fourteen then playing club backing in later years had to read drum music then, but glad i learnt to get my head round it, for those who just play on your own, get yourself on Bandhub where you can record covers or your original music using musicains from all over the world. its great fun and no pressure and no cost to anyone

i'm on bandhub. GP1980

not done nowt for a while though, probably a fave one i've done.. https://bandhub.com/s/5432e07881a4bd195ae23e31

CAmFG Songs

Love is all around
Stand by me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.