Murdered for being different

I once had a child kick me in the leg screaming "dirty mosher" as I walked around the Trafford Centre in slightly baggy bootcut jeans and a Motorhead t-shirt. His (presumed) parents did nothing to try and control him. The male of the two was laughing.

If I'd dressed up for anywhere from Smile @ The Star & Garter to Jilly's then it was a taxi there and back. It wasn't safe to wait at the bus stop in Longsight as I'd be a target.

What is a mosher?

One who moshes. Have you never been to a rock gig and a circle forms where people knock each other about with shoulder barges and body slams? I don't even like Motorhead save Ace of Spades. I think I'd picked the t-shirt up in Topman. I was listening to Diana Ross on the way to work today.

Scallies used to hate the alternative crowd. I knew numerous who'd been verbally abused, attacked, spat on, robbed...

One who moshes. Have you never been to a rock gig and a circle forms where people knock each other about with shoulder barges and body slams? I don't even like Motorhead save Ace of Spades. I think I'd picked the t-shirt up in Topman. I was listening to Diana Ross on the way to work today.

Scallies used to hate the alternative crowd. I knew numerous who'd been verbally abused, attacked, spat on, robbed...

Been to lot's of gigs, just never heard the term mosher before.
Cheers.

Been to lot's of gigs, just never heard the term mosher before.
Cheers.
Never heard that term? Lol...
Depends on age as well i suppose.

Around Manchester in the 90's all there was were Scally twats such as myself, Goth kids and the Mosher groups often found with a skateboard.
Few years later the Emo kids came around.

Never heard that term? Lol...
Depends on age as well i suppose.

Around Manchester in the 90's all there was were Scally twats such as myself, Goth kids and the Mosher groups often found with a skateboard.
Few years later the Emo kids came around.

I live in Canada mate. Probably just use different words.

What I found most shocking about this story was the delusion of the people of Bacup as to why it happened. Weeks after it had happened I was approached by the Bacup arm of the British National Party after a gig. They said they wanted me to play an open air gig in Bacup (sponsored by the BNP) in honour of Sophie. I couldn't believe my ears. All their racist life they have encouraged others and their children to hate anyone who looks different, not like them. It was their children, brought up on hatred, which led to the death of Sophie. Asian, black, Goth, Gay. Different and so instantly qualify for a kicking. Ignorance of the lowest order.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.