Aleksandar Kolarov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mendy is no better than Kolarov defensively imo just more athletic.. He won't get the shit Kolarov does though
I think Kolarov has been a good servant but you hit the nail on the head. Mendy is more athletic and with his pace will help get out of danger when we are high up the pitch (Chelsea's goals on the counter last year).

If Kolarov goes, somebody will. My money is on him, Walker or Danilo.

Sadly true. If I were advising any of them, I'd recommend cementing one of 'that lot' in the first derby, picking up a head cut, and playing through the pain with a blood-stained shirt. It might, just might, buy him time with the vocal fickle.

Good player that I respect. Did a lot for this club but if we can get 6m for him that's good business, sell him and put that money towards a CB.

Mendy is no better than Kolarov defensively imo just more athletic.. He won't get the shit Kolarov does though

90% of Kolarov's defensive problems are because he's too slow and not fit enough these days to get back to stop attacks after going forwards or against fast opposition, so that's a bizarre comment - he'll be a much better defender purely by virtue of physically being able to keep up.

I'm not in a rush to see Kolarov go though, if we don't have to I'd rather keep him.

My favourite player in the squad, the guys a king.
Reason every manager has kept him around is he has every single top quality footballing attribute you could want
Mentality, technique, physicality and a proper personality
Shame he has no pace at all, but fans should appreciate what he has done for the team and particularly taking into account how many positions he played last year

Still think he was a better option in the deep lying pivot role than fernando away at spurs, where his pace wouldn't be an issue

90% of Kolarov's defensive problems are because he's too slow and not fit enough these days to get back to stop attacks after going forwards or against fast opposition, so that's a bizarre comment - he'll be a much better defender purely by virtue of physically being able to keep up.

I'm not in a rush to see Kolarov go though, if we don't have to I'd rather keep him.

That's like saying Micah was our best CB because he was our quickest so could bail himself out when people go past him...Much rather someone who can prevent them going past in the first place at which Mendy is no better than Kolarov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.