Aleksandar Kolarov

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, Guardiola was pretty effusive in his praise of Kolarov:

"Kola helped me a lot last season in terms of many, many things, but he has a big chance to come back to Rome where he was before.

"I wish him all the best because he is a really nice guy. We had an excellent relationship with him, I was very pleased to train him and I wish him and his family the best."

He's right though, it's in no-one's interests to keep him here if he's already decided that he wants to leave. It's only right that he goes with our blessing after seven years service for the club.
So, no need for the comment then, was there? Why praise someone to high heaven and then tell the world you don't want to work with someone who is, for obvious personal reasons, interested in playing somewhere else? Petty dig, IMHO.

Sad to see him go if/when he leaves. Is he the most talented player we've ever had? No. But, he's been at our club 7 years and made upwards of 150 appearances for us. He's taken a lot of shit (and given some back) from/to sections of our support. He's contributed to our success, been involved in important games and isn't trying to fuck the club over. He knows he's not going to be first choice next year and it's admirable, in my opinion, that he wants to push on and play. He's a versatile player and did a job for us in a few different positions. I'd pick him over Clichy any day of the week and for 16 million, 7 years service and getting a 5/6 million fee for him aint bad business in my book. I think we'll miss him personally.

Cheers Aleks, all the best.
Well said that man!

So, no need for the comment then, was there? Why praise someone to high heaven and then tell the world you don't want to work with someone who is, for obvious personal reasons, interested in playing somewhere else? Petty dig, IMHO.

I think it's just Pep's way of saying he doesn't want to keep a player who wants to leave which is what managers typically say in this situation, he does have a tendency to fumble in his words and in this case it ended up sounding like he took it personally.

I think you're reading too much into it, personally. I think he was merely saying that if a player wants to go he should be allowed to. Can't imagine Kolarov was offended, so not sure why you are on his behalf.

This is the equivalent of when someone dies and all of a sudden they become the greatest person that ever lived.
Lol, leave em to it, and console yourself with the thought that we won't be witnessing his brilliance in a City shirt ever again ;)

Fact is Mancini, Pelligrini and Pep regularly used him. So all you haters obviously know more than all 3 of those.

Exactly john.......loads of haters who generally couldn't get a game in their local pig n whistle 2nd eleven.... but can win the CL with Stockport on FIFA so think they do know more ....work with loads of them and see loads on here ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.