Can we win the title this season?

So, everyone's in agreement, we've spent a fucking shit load, but if the guy who cost us £6m around 9 years ago gets crocked, then we're fucked?
lol. Ive been reading and hearing these same post/quotes for years. Quite incredible really.

Same as you Frank. Centre half is the big concern for me. I'd love Van Dijk as he's the closest thing to Kompany on the market in terms of both ability on the ball and the sheer size to bully the opposition. I'd also have loved a forward like Morata. Buy Sanchez and VVD and I reckon we'll win it. Miss out on them and I don't think we will. If I was a betting man my money would be on Chelsea again

Would love Sanchez. Got all the attributes in relation to leadership (which we lack), work rate, big game performer in addition to his undoubted talents as a player. He is a 'next level' player.

VVD would have loved him at the start of the window. If the reports are true and he favoured Liverpool I would leave him alone. Thats not acting like a spoilt brat or cutting my nose of to spite my face but just concerned he did not fancy the challenge here and if things do not go well initially it becomes a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy. Its not like he was not going to be first choice if he signed so there must be a reason he did not fancy a tilt at the title.

We looked a different side with Komps at the end of the year and I still have my reservations about Stones at Centre Half with Otamendi. When it appeared we were to sign Laporte last summer I thought Stones was being pencilled in for a DM role. Him and Otamendi do not provide leadership back there and also although he was not everybodys favourite we have lost a bit of personality/leadership with Kolo leaving also.

I was listening to the Huddersfield manager, talk about his signings last summer, and how he specifically targeted 'winners' from other leagues. Quite noticeable Mendy, Danilo and Ederson won their leagues last year and Alves a serial winner targeted also. Dont be surprised if we pick up a centre half of a similar ilk.

Last edited:
We will win the title. Get Sanchez and we're talking about a treble.

I'm so serious. We are going to fuck teams up this year.

Course but extremely concerning we havent
addressed the centre back situation and we've strengthened other areas and seemingly ignored the nadir of last season.
Simply put when Vinny gets injured are we going to implode?

The depth of the squad is now amazing. If we're missing a Sliva, DeBruyne or Aguero we can cope against any opposition.
We won't just be looking to win the league but we'll be challenging in all competitions.

i think we are still too attack minded and doesnt matter who comes in, Pep will never change his style to a solid defence. That will cost us again this season, we will ship goals and i cant see us scoring a minimum of 3 goals in every game just to cover the 2 we are bound to concede in every game.

Until we fix our style of play in how we play defensively, i think we'll struggle to finish in the top 4 again this season.

For the first time in three years I believe we have a realistic chance of winning the title, rather than just hoping we would.

(Subject to avoiding injury to key players and the usual bent refereeing decisions going against us like last season).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.