Inigo Martinez

Seems a low fee in today's mental market I just don't think we need him with kompany stones and otamendi all expecting to start and tosin there as cover.

If we're going to sign another CB then let's sign a solid defender that reads the game well rather than another ball-playing CB.

Ideally a centerback signing would have both of those attributes, no use in getting someone who only has one of those.

Mangala is left footed and Danilo is genuinely two footed.

I also tend to welcome a physical player like Mangala in PL. But it seems Pep has a different view. He would have someone like Hummels maybe.
Which is fine as well as that means we will soon have a new left CB better than Mangala.

I also tend to welcome a physical player like Mangala in PL. But it seems Pep has a different view. He would have someone like Hummels maybe.
Which is fine as well as that means we will soon have a new left CB better than Mangala.
I tend not to remember goals against us so genuine question. Did we concede many goals last season from being bullied in the box or from headers ? My overriding impression was getting done for pace on breakaways. I think the fullbacks will solve a lot of our defensive problems.

I tend not to remember goals against us so genuine question. Did we concede many goals last season from being bullied in the box or from headers ? My overriding impression was getting done for pace on breakaways. I think the fullbacks will solve a lot of our defensive problems.

Our defence was bullied by both Lukaku and Costa last season off the top of my head, though they weren't headers more holding off defenders.

You might be right regarding fullbacks.
I was heading to Kompany being a risk (hopefully not!), Kola gone and Ota/Stones not being comfortable as a left CB
and thus not the best option of a pairing.
We will see soon if Pep is happy with our left CB options or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.