BT Sports & SKY Sports - Is it worth it?

I subscribe to Sky Sports (through Sky). Is anything going to change or are the bastards going to try to charge me more with all these changes to the sports channels? Or can I just do nothing and I'll still get all the sport?

If you have them all at the moment then nothing will change. Though I would ring up and try and cancel a couple...they will knock the price down by £7.50 a month.

If anyone is paying full whack for sky, then just go onto live chat and cancel it (they will normally offer 25% off but just say you want to cancel). Ten minutes after you've done it, go onto services on your sky box and there will be an offer for 50% off to stay for 12 months.

I've done it every year for the past five. If you wait until the last week before it is switched off, they will normally up it to 60.

Keep an eye on this and it normally gives you the best way to get the most discount -

http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/75-o...ific-number-3-weeks-1741671?page=149#comments

I take my hat off to your negotiation skills as I am struggling to get them to cut my bill by 15%. And I give up Sky Movies to achieve that. How did you do it?

Usually you play the cancellation game, just ring and tell them you've had enough, refuse the offers of reducing the package etc and then wait for the money off offers to come in during the 30 day cancellation period. They offered me 60% straight away on the phone, matching what I already had. I did it for my mother in law last year and she was emailed with an offer of 50% within two weeks which she accepted, probably could have held out for more, she was paying £80 just for TV prior to that.

Failing that there's usually good money off offers for new and returning customers, so switch the account holder between yourself and someone else if that's an option. My Mrs has had countless come back at 60% off offers through the post since switching the account to me, so if they hadn't reduced for me, I'd have cancelled and taken one of those up in her name.

Don't know how long ago you were on sportsmania mate but they arnt taking new members now unless you can still get in as a former user? But their sister service nation hd are

I was on the sportsnation one I think, it expired a couple of weeks ago, tried to renew but they were having issues so gave 2 weeks extension, I'll be renewing that when it's up again. I think you might have been the one that guided me there, so thanks for that, didn't have a problem.

I was on the sportsnation one I think, it expired a couple of weeks ago, tried to renew but they were having issues so gave 2 weeks extension, I'll be renewing that when it's up again. I think you might have been the one that guided me there, so thanks for that, didn't have a problem.
Ahh Ok mate, yes they were doing maintenance on their payment system. Yes they are really good and still amazes me how they do it for the price bit I'm not moaning :)

I have both on my sky box and, for me, it is well worth paying for. I often time shift matches using the record feature, the picture quality is excellent and I can normally screw a good deal out of both firms. Commentary on BT is comically bad though their rugby coverage is excellent.

I find streaming a very frustrating experience on the whole despite good broadband speeds and a PC under the telly.

Me too, poor internet reception where I live. I can put up with watching games involving other clubs on my laptop but if City were playing I would probably end up throwing the damn thing against a wall.

I really should buy a smart tv so i can stream it on my tv,at the moment if i connect up my computer to the tv it goes all blurry,thats why streaming is not for me unless i have to do it for our games then i just watch on my computer,that gives me a headache,so like i say a necessary evil to pay the twats
Get yourself an android box Kaz and get onto the xbmc/Kodi thread, they'll be plenty to help you there for when you need a 3pm stream

I always find a stream for our 3pm games,i don't know if that will be harder this season,a lot of our games are on tv at the start of the season so i'm ok for now,ta though i shall think about it

I always find a stream for our 3pm games,i don't know if that will be harder this season,a lot of our games are on tv at the start of the season so i'm ok for now,ta though i shall think about it
I'd imagine it will be much more difficult this year Kaz, myself and a few others keep a close eye on the free streaming scene and it was almost on its knees at the end of last season.
Also good thing about a box is you can be a lazy git and not have to plug your laptop into the TV

I'd imagine it will be much more difficult this year Kaz, myself and a few others keep a close eye on the free streaming scene and it was almost on its knees at the end of last season.
Also good thing about a box is you can be a lazy git and not have to plug your laptop into the TV

Backing up your options is the way to go. I have a PC connected and a Raspberry Pi with googlecast as a last resort.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.