City's Global Fanbase

Been living in suburban Philadelphia for 5 years and City are well represented over here , but then the yanks do love winners .

Derbyshire village pub fete last week. Childrens shirts, 1 X Derby( expected) 2 X Bayern Munich (?) and 4 City in various kits, one in full last year "Aguero". No Scum Or Dippers (which their dads usually wear around here) The future is BLUE!

We are a PLC. A brand.

Pep has been accused of being a cheque book manager. He is. Without any question of doubt.

But he has to be. To grow the club and the fan base we need to be dining at the top table consistently to get that level of profile. That isn't cheap. And any top manager at the world's biggest clubs will always spend.

I think for many city fans, the one you bumped into in Marbella in 04 and lived 2 streets away, could be a bit salty about it.

We were never a sleeping giant. We had a very good fan base but nothing on the scale we are looking at becoming.

If we succeed, in 5 years or however long it takes, we will be in the same boat as Madrid etc etc.

We are a PLC. A brand.

Pep has been accused of being a cheque book manager. He is. Without any question of doubt.

But he has to be. To grow the club and the fan base we need to be dining at the top table consistently to get that level of profile. That isn't cheap. And any top manager at the world's biggest clubs will always spend.

I think for many city fans, the one you bumped into in Marbella in 04 and lived 2 streets away, could be a bit salty about it.

We were never a sleeping giant. We had a very good fan base but nothing on the scale we are looking at becoming.

If we succeed, in 5 years or however long it takes, we will be in the same boat as Madrid etc etc.

I think we've always had good support..but it was mainly local..and in a big City like Manchester we were the only alternative to across the road

I'd say in the dark days 80-90% of blues were from the North-West at least

I grew up in North Wales..when I wore a city shirt as a kid..I used to get some strange looks..It was a strong Liverpool area in the 80s..there was only about 5 of us in a town of 35k who supported City

We used to come up to the games with an older lad in our teens in the back of his Rentakill van

It takes some getting used to seeing fans from Africa..South America etc..but I'm not bitter about it..anyone who supports CIty is welcome

I think we've always had good support..but it was mainly local..and in a big City like Manchester we were the only alternative to across the road

I'd say in the dark days 80-90% of blues were from the North-West at least

I grew up in North Wales..when I wore a city shirt as a kid..I used to get some strange looks..It was a strong Liverpool area in the 80s..there was only about 5 of us in a town of 35k who supported City

We used to come up to the games with an older lad in our teens in the back of his Rentakill van

It takes some getting used to seeing fans from Africa..South America etc..but I'm not bitter about it..anyone who supports CIty is welcome

Definitely. There is a bit of romance about that which will never be lost on a large percentage of city fans, the street cred blue, that's what we were about.

There was untapped potential for sure, and that's why we were picked.

But the scale now is like nothing before. It's a constantly growing environment and those untapped markets are there to be exploited and that is the road we are on. Dinasours really. You do lose some of the club's fundamentals but what do we do?

The city I recognise today will be the standard for the next generation and our club will change forever in the next ten years.

I'm happy with that, I just don't want the club to price me or Joe Bloggs out of a match day seat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.