It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fernandinho isn't a dm and Yaya's legs have gone. Gundogan has been injured more than he's been fit for a long time now. Vinny has had major injury problems and Stones and Otamendi were poor in his absence. Throwing silly money at a youngster whilst neglecting these obvious weaknesses is a mistake imo.

I can't talk you out of your stance because I understand where you're coming from. I'm just trying to tell you that we won't buy a DM or a world class CB and I'm 110% sure of it. We couldn't fix every position in this window alone and CB/DM is where we sacrifice.

you're putting in a valiant effort bud but you can't really hammer logic into people here. you can't really get a bigger emotional attachment in sport my man as we have with serigo.

we agree though.

but thats what sports is about emotions. not entirely business like and it shouldnt be also. the fans should play a big part in keeping it that way.

I can't talk you out of your stance because I understand where you're coming from. I'm just trying to tell you that we won't buy a DM or a world class CB and I'm 110% sure of it. We couldn't fix every position in this window alone and CB/DM is where we sacrifice.
And I'm disagreeing with the choice to prioritise a kid who plays in a position where we are particularly strong, Aguero and Jesus, with an extremely promising youngster in Nacho, rather than spending that money on two positions where we are a lot weaker. Just offering a different perspective...

aguero ,probably the best forward in England,probably up in the top 5 forwards in world football, a guy who scored 30+ goals last season.

if and when players come along that are better for the team then we can look at it,when people say ,well we will get money for him this or next season,if we wait well get almost nothing,i don't care about what we get for him.
it doesn't matter that he scored that goal, it doesn't matter if he breaks the record,what matters is sergio does all he can for the team to win and plays at his usual high standards ,if he cant produce anymore then get rid,if he does there isn't a better forward out there we can get.

of course we need to look to the future, but a young striker like mbappe would learn loads off a guy like aguero,

jesus came in last season and was brilliant,people said aguero couldn't/wouldn't change his play, but he did it and carried on scoring goals,

I'm all for getting someone in if they are better than what we have,i have no sentiment regarding the here and now
I want us to win every game in every competition forever.

So now those who want us to buy one of the brightest talents in world football, someone who could be here 10 years, and by doing so keep him out of the hands or Real,Barca or even Bayern, somewhere we'll never likely to get him from in the future, are undercover rags?

Not rags but some bejewelled posters have already mentally discarded Aguero as they flit to the next flower.

Last edited:
you're putting in a valiant effort bud but you can't really hammer logic into people here. you can't really get a bigger emotional attachment in sport my man as we have with serigo.

we agree though.

I know. I said few days ago I'm not really prone to be emotionally attached to any player, I'm maybe too pragmatic fucker but that's what Pep is too. But I think it would be better for people to accept it as reality or at least real possibility, it would hit them less harder if/when it happens. They can try to belittle Mbappe, Sanchez or anyone else as much as they want, but Pep is in the charge and has pretty much unlimited backing from the club. And it looks he wants those two.

I know. I said few days ago I'm not really prone to be emotionally attached to any player, I'm maybe too pragmatic fucker but that's what Pep is too. But I think it would be better for people to accept it as reality or at least real possibility, it would hit them less harder if it happens. They can try to belittle Mbappe, Sanchez or anyone else as much as they want, but Pep is in the charge and has pretty much unlimited backing from the club. And it looks he wants those two.

yep. i appreciate the effort that you've put in. it's going to be a long two weeks before the season starts.

we signed all of our main targets too soon. #txikiout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.