Boiler Electric problems.

DT King of all Geordies

Hello all

I have returned home and half the electricity in the house is off. I've gone through the fuse box and isolated the fault to the box that has the on/off switch to the boiler. When I turn that on it trips the fuse board. There is a 3amp fuse in the box to the boiler. I've changed this and it still trips.

Any ideas what to do?
Also, if I need to call someone out do I call the boiler repair man or an electrician.

Cheers

Hello all

I have returned home and half the electricity in the house is off. I've gone through the fuse box and isolated the fault to the box that has the on/off switch to the boiler. When I turn that on it trips the fuse board. There is a 3amp fuse in the box to the boiler. I've changed this and it still trips.

Any ideas what to do?
Also, if I need to call someone out do I call the boiler repair man or an electrician.

Cheers
Is it the on/ off on the actual boiler or the on/off switch on the wall/tiles

If the 3 amp fuse isn't blowing then putting a 5 amp won't do anything. The main fuse box is tripping due to either a short circuit or an earth fault in the boiler/boiler wiring. Ie it's doing it's job.
The most likely fault is that the boiler is leaking water onto it's main circuit board. Either that or there is faulty a component like a seized pump. Get a heating engineer out to find out why/what etc.

If the RCD is tripping in the mains board and the circuit breaker isn't tripping it is a neutral to earth fault on the boiler
It could be anything so you will require a heating engineer to look at the boiler and he will have to try and find the earth fault which will be a process of ilimination
My bet is its the PCB (printed circuit board)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.