National League North Thread 2017/18

Alex - City Matters

With the number of local teams in the division, such as Curzon Ashton, to those clowns at Pallet Park, County and the Crass of 92, thought it'd be good to have a thread on the division as a whole this season. Also seem to remember we have a few Darlington supporting members.

Some big teams down there this year, including York City and Kidderminster. Salford should go up with their resources, but I've not been impressed with them so far this season - two games in.

This probably won't be too popular on here but I'd like to see County heading back up the pyramid, they were thoroughly shafted by Brian Kennedy. Hopefully the plastic scum will head in the other direction.

I'm exiled on Chorley now so have been keeping an eye out for them. Garry Flitcroft was in charge when I first moved here so that caught my attention, Matt Jansen took over and has done a good job getting them to the play-offs last season (at the expense of Darlington who were blocked due to stadium issues).

Another City connection is Stephen Jordan is at the heart of their defence now also!

I'm exiled on Chorley now so have been keeping an eye out for them. Garry Flitcroft was in charge when I first moved here so that caught my attention, Matt Jansen took over and has done a good job getting them to the play-offs last season (at the expense of Darlington who were blocked due to stadium issues).

Another City connection is Stephen Jordan is at the heart of their defence now also!

Wow there's an obscure former player. Famous for staying on the pitch when he couldnt walk!

Was at the Chorley - Salford game on Tuesday, thought Chorley were really poor. Had no attacking ambition.

I was born in St Marys and been a City season ticket holder for 30 odd years but I also follow Darlington FC as a result of them sending me a load of programmes when I wrote to them as a kid asking for autographs.No other club did this.

Darlington are now fan owned and back in Conference North after being relegated to the 9th tier in 2012 following another financial melt down.

I go whenever I can,as you say so many games are around these parts and the standard is very good.Great win at MUFC Lite last weekend.

You are made so welcome at these clubs and they really appreciate your income.......proper football and good thread OP.

Last edited:

Yes Darlington not allowed in the play offs as short of 250 covered seats which the fans are currently trying to raise funds for.....Ive written to HRH to ask if he fancies another partner club in England but not had a reply!

An added bonus is that after an unexpected defeat you know you can get under the skin of the oppositions owner and his fan boys........

Love City & Darlo
@MCFCDarlo

@GNev2 ,Phil Neville,Ryan Giggs,Paul Scholes,Nicky Butt........your boys took one hell of a beating........

2:31 am - 6 Aug 2017

Gary Neville‏Verified account @GNev2
Gary Neville Retweeted Love City & Darlo

Well I never - a Man City supporting Darlington Fan!

I'm from Salford and have been going to Salford games on and off for 15 years or so, been there Tuesday nights watching with 60 others and have a few friends on the old committee, all change now though done a couple of away games last year but don't go much at home, might go Tuesday night though.Dont see why their involvement should stop me going although its obviously not the same.Had a City season ticket for 40 year so seen some tough times at both.

I'm from Salford and have been going to Salford games on and off for 15 years or so, been there Tuesday nights watching with 60 others and have a few friends on the old committee, all change now though done a couple of away games last year but don't go much at home, might go Tuesday night though.Dont see why their involvement should stop me going although its obviously not the same.Had a City season ticket for 40 year so seen some tough times at both.

Often wonder how the old Salford fans must feel.When I went pre takeover there were maybe a 100 Salford fans who made a lot of noise with Amber shirts and banners.
Must be a bit shit playing in red now but thats the price of progress.

Although I dislike the owners at least they have put money in unlike the turds at FCSUM and united.Just a shame about the colours but marketing wise a way of getting united fans through the gate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.