Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
if he's good, the price won't drop but the money would probably be worth less as next summer it looks that 100m will be the norm for any decent player.

Wouldn't it require Monaco to play along with the deception though? If we bid and PSG 'pretend' to, then Monaco's only legitimate bid is still ours.

Monaco have reportedly continued to maintain the stance that they won't sell to Paris. So from a media standpoint, they haven't positioned themselves to look as if they're negotiating with PSG.

Some really interesting arguments on both sides of the fence as to whether it's worth doing this deal. But i remain absolutely convinced that it's stupid to not pay Monaco's asking price and be done with it. Mbappe, potentially will be a forward who we can keep for a decade because of his age. I also think that the one thing which undermines a lot of the arguments about the depth of our attacking talent is that Sterling/Sane are simply not proven goal scorers and i'd argue neither is a natural finisher (although Sane is better than Raz). Also, the club's stated public aim is to be one of the biggest and most successful clubs in the world. We're nearly a decade into the 'project' and we're relative nobody's in the CL. That's because the players weren't good enough. Pep knows this.

Guardiola started this summer with the intention to end the window with 3 forward who have 25+ goals a season in them. He has two in Kun and Jesus.
How far apart are we?

Some really interesting arguments on both sides of the fence as to whether it's worth doing this deal. But i remain absolutely convinced that it's stupid to not pay Monaco's asking price and be done with it. Mbappe, potentially will be a forward who we can keep for a decade because of his age. I also think that the one thing which undermines a lot of the arguments about the depth of our attacking talent is that Sterling/Sane are simply not proven goal scorers and i'd argue neither is a natural finisher (although Sane is better than Raz). Also, the club's stated public aim is to be one of the biggest and most successful clubs in the world. We're nearly a decade into the 'project' and we're relative nobody's in the CL. That's because the players weren't good enough. Pep knows this.

Guardiola started this summer with the intention to end the window with 3 forward who have 25+ goals a season in them. He has two in Kun and Jesus.
This, all day long. We've fannied around since 2012, never really gone and blown anyone and everyone out with a mega-deal. This would be such a deal. It would be a superb signing in so many ways, on and off the pitch. On it, this kid could become our talisman striker for years to come. Off it, it lays down a marker; we won't be beaten on price. Is he worth it? Who gives a fuck? Ain't my dosh. Get. It. Spent.

I know this is off topic but i don't have privileage to make posts so..

Does anyone have skygo subscription? I want to trade my BT Account for it. We both can use the both accounts. If someone is interested message me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.