Watford Away

I think that in 2015-16 Watford away was during the Christmas holidays and again it was difficult to get tickets.
The relatively small allocation (2K instead of the usual 3K) is a big factor. I don't think the allocation has been cut I think it's just low.

That being said it's definitely getting harder to get tickets for away games now.

2015-16 - went to 54/59 games - points went up 2200.
2016-17 - went to 53/56 games - points went up 2180.

Despite my best efforts, I'm falling further behind with each passing year.
I think I'm going to start struggling for London aways, OT, Anfield this season.

Corporates definitely getting ahead of the average fan now. Money talks.

Completely agree, i am averaging around 2000 increase per season, been to Bmouth both time so far but missed this year

Only answer can be less tickets going on sale to none corp/branches etc.

Completely agree, i am averaging around 2000 increase per season, been to Bmouth both time so far but missed this year

I think the Tunnel club is the big new variable this year.

Its definitely not branches, they are feeling the squeeze also.

We have received 2,098 tickets for the game which kicks off at 3pm on Saturday 16 September.

Tickets are priced as follows:
  • Adults: £30
  • Over 65s: £22
  • Under 18s: £10
The following groups will receive an allocation of tickets for this match: Supporters, Seasonal Hospitality Supporters, Football Management, Players, Club Partners and the MCFC Supporters Club.

Qualifying sales criteria
Tickets will be available online at mancity.com/tickets, by telephone on +44 (0)161 444 1894 (option 1, option 1, option 2)* and in-person at the Ticket Office located on the first floor of the City Store at the Etihad Stadium for supporters that meet the following criteria:

• Cityzens with a 2017/18 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard with 20,500 or more ticket points – Monday 21 August at 9am
  • Cityzens with a 2017/18 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard with 20,000 or more ticket points – Monday 21 August at 2pm
  • Cityzens with a 2017/18 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard with 19,500 or more ticket points – Tuesday 22 August at 9am
  • Cityzens with a 2017/18 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard with 19,000 or more ticket points – Tuesday 22 August at 2pm
  • Cityzens with a 2017/18 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard with 18,500 or more ticket points – Wednesday 23 August at 9am
  • Cityzens with a 2017/18 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard with 18,000 or more ticket points – Wednesday 23 August at 2pm
  • Cityzens with a 2017/18 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard with 17,500 or more ticket points – Thursday 24 August at 10am
  • Cityzens with a 2017/18 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard with 17,000 or more ticket points – Thursday 24 August at 2pm
  • Cityzens with a 2017/18 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard with 16,500 or more ticket points – Friday 25 August at 9am
  • Cityzens with a 2017/18 Platinum, Gold or 93:20 Seasoncard with 16,000 or more ticket points – Friday 25 August at 2pm
Should any tickets remain; further selling criteria will be announced on the website.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's thoroughly fed up with our bullshit away ticketing policy. 37 years of regularly going to away games (usually around a dozen league trips a season), 20 years as a season ticket holder (including the last 15 consecutively, and platinum from when the scheme started), and yet instead of gaining ground on those above me through natural wastage, I fall further shy of the asking levels every year - a full 1000 points adrift for this particular game, which I don't doubt will see Thai tour groups and 'City in the City' guests in plentiful abundance. It's a big bag of stinking bizz!

love to see which branches get tickets and how many they get
bit like finding whos in charge of the klu klux klan

The London Branch, which is the biggest outside of Manchester by far with a membership running into the hundreds, is getting pitiful allocations. Literally half a dozen tickets for some games if we're lucky. It's the club holding blocks of away tickets back for corporate guests, 'partners' and tour groups that's the fucking problem, particularly for the London games

The London Branch, which is the biggest outside of Manchester by far with a membership running into the hundreds, is getting pitiful allocations. Literally half a dozen tickets for some games if we're lucky. It's the club holding blocks of away tickets back for corporate guests, 'partners' and tour groups that's the fucking problem, particularly for the London games
I'm pretty sure now the club partners and corporate supporters are getting a bigger chunk than supporters branches nowadays, pre take over branch could have as many as we wanted lucky if we can two or three now. fortunately fair few of us have enough points to get our own, trouble is days of running organised coach maybe few and far between.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's thoroughly fed up with our bullshit away ticketing policy. 37 years of regularly going to away games (usually around a dozen league trips a season), 20 years as a season ticket holder (including the last 15 consecutively, and platinum from when the scheme started), and yet instead of gaining ground on those above me through natural wastage, I fall further shy of the asking levels every year - a full 1000 points adrift for this particular game, which I don't doubt will see Thai tour groups and 'City in the City' guests in plentiful abundance. It's a big bag of stinking bizz!

Me and the wife are similar to you based on last 15 years. Easily done an average of 12 domestic aways a season and done loads of Euro away games, per season friendlies and cup games home or away. But now we hardly get a sniff in but like good little mugs we still pay platinum.

Liverpool away last season was the one real time where we looked at each other and were wondering what the fuck is going on. Hardly a manc or even northern accent around us. The general twang was that of West Virginia or some other gaff nowhere near Manchester. 'All the City people are drinking and singing down there' was one cringey comment I overheard a woman say to her rucksack wearing partner.

The success and top quality football we now see is quality but it's come at a price for your average season ticket holder that can't or doesn't want to do every single game.

Platinum, tunnel club, joes, no direct contact with a club representative, goal face shit, the website, regular increases in your season ticket, queuing to get in the ground and no transparency with the away ticket allocation are all things that have really diluted my affection for the club over the last few years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.