how good a player were/are you?

Played at academy level until 16. Then got released for being too small - I'm 5 "8 now.

I had potential but didn't apply myself. Was a luxury on the pitch and probably a bit of a Samir Nasri - plenty of ability but only turned up when it suited... although when I did it was absolutely glorious.

Also captained a side at Old Trafford during Euro 96 when I was 8. Played in front of Jurgen Klinsmann who shook my hand after and told me I could go far. I didn't.

I was an extremely average journeyman Sunday League player for 20 years, dropping further back as I got older.

Highlight was scoring a 118th minute winner in a cup final as penalties loomed large. Best bit is, we had the final videoed complete with commentary and replays. I've had it transferred to dvd so I can relive the glory days but it makes me a bit sad.

I was very good. Won many medals, played for a city select etc. The problem was when I was 15/16/17 I was I my 5'8 and skinny. At that time scotland moved to preferring big twats who couldn't dribble if they were brain damaged. I lost heart and moved on to women and alcohol and work.

I'm now 6'3 and still skilful, would be in a coma after 8 minutes mind, but what an 8 minutes they would be. :)

I was very good. Won many medals, played for a city select etc. The problem was when I was 15/16/17 I was I my 5'8 and skinny. At that time scotland moved to preferring big tears who couldn't dribble if they were brain damaged. I lost heart and moved on to women and alcohol and work.

I'm now 6'3 and still skilful, would be in a coma after 8 minutes mind, but what an 8 minutes they would be. :)

I'm imagining a huge ginger fella with bright red cheeks with half a woodbine hanging out of his mouth mate :0

I wasn't bad. Played for my Regimental side (Royal Artillery) and then when I left the forces I was at Stockport County for a while but only played for the reserves. My debut was notable for being marked by Lee Dixon when he was at Chester City, and I also played against Liverpool and Marine. I then discovered the joys of alcohol and serious girlfriends which saw a rapid decline in fitness and application.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.