Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds an easy question to answer from where me and you are sat.
No one outside the club knows what the financial constraints are on the management team, what the remaining transfer targets are, what the strategy is, nothing, zilch. Yet, we have had a meltdown on this forum of epic proportions. We have had posters questioning the the managers judgement, calls for Txixi's sacking, tearing up of seasoncards, threats of booing and not cheering Evans if he has the temerity to pull on a sky blue shirt. We've had almost 350 pages of "crap,rag,crap,rag". Now we all know that Evans isn't in the top tier of footballers, we know he isn't the long term answer to our defensive problems, we know that ordinarily we could buy the best players out there. The question is why have the club decided to go for Evans of all people, knowing full well that he's a rag and also that we should be aiming for a much better quality of player. Of course we can't answer the question but I think it behoves us to show bit more faith and patience, not to mention gratitude to owners that have lifted us from being the laughing stock of English football and every bodies favourite second team to being on the cusp of joining the elite of European football. If Mansour were ever to read this thread he would wonder at the kind of people we were. It is, of course, a football forum and people are entitled to their opinions but the shrill outrage that has been expressed on here after the transfer window we have had, with more additions to hopefully follow, has led me to seriously question the maturity of some of the posters on this thread.
Absolute brilliant post mate, and I agree, the maturity of some posters is very questionable

Tottenham is about ti sign Davinson Sanchez from Ajax. That guy will be worth 100m pounds in 2-3 seasons and we will be after him probably that time.

Same when we had a choice between Aiderweireld or Demichelis.

Now its Davinson Sanchez or Evans. We go for Evans for 30m,struggle to sell him in less than two years, while we watch Davinson Sanchez become the next Van Dijk...
Funny thing is D. Sanchez wont cost much more to Spurs than Evans for us and also salary wise its a better deal as no way Spurs can offer to Sanchez what we will offer to Evans.
I'd throw your CV in

What's all the fuss about?

Granted not a 'Stellar signing' but he is an experienced player in the Premier League and Champions League. A proper professional who is ideally seen as a squad player probably as back up and/or when changing formation to 3 at the back. A family member played alongside him for N.Ireland and is a friend of his and has always spoken that he is a quality defender, solid, dependable, reads the game well, positional aware and what he lacks in pace, he makes up for in intelligence.

The money .... is crazy nowadays. £20m now is what £5m would have been a couple of years ago.

So what if he played for the Scum? I don't remember the masses going ape shit when Tevez came straight from United when we were, at the time, in the early days of just trying to finish close to 4th. Or when Peter Schmeichel joined us , he wasn't hated as he did a job for us with his quality. Does somehow quality of the player dictate how much we such hate him just because he played for a rival years ago, talented player = 'don't make a fuss' .... so called average player = 'give him shit and hate him'?

I do however advocate i'd rather use an academy player, but if Guardiola or the club feel there isn't anyone better than Evans in the academy and we need to fill the homegrown quota and have some proven defensive experience, It makes sense.

And rather get a defender than has the experience of the english game rather than the recent expensive cock ups of centre backs from the continent.

But if folks are just having a gripe over the United connection ...

It's not being mard to be disappointed and frustrated that we would spunk 25mil on a player we have seen for the entirety of his career is not going to improve us. If you were at York away though you will be happy with anything though am I right?
You are simply assuming that. You could be equally as wrong as right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.