The Post Transfer Deadline Day (positive) Thread

We've had a good window, but I still think we're short. CB, LB and CM will have to be priority next summer, maybe even January. I think we will be back in for Sanchez in January, signing him on a pre contract. Regardless of his age, he will be a bargain. If you add them positions and Sanchez, we've got the best squad in Europe barring Madrid. I'm hoping vinnie doesn't get injured, because I think we will be fucked if does. Also I read that mendy is quite prone to an injury. I think it's about time we stopped making excuses now though, we've spent enough over the years.

A good window but still light up front with just two strikers, in centre midfield with fernandinho and yaya getting on in age and we're unbelievably still relying on Kompany staying fit.

Of course Tosin can be better than Mangala but he won't get a sniff of the first team like last year unless Pep has faith in Tosin or one of the coaches put a good word in.

Mangala is one of our worst signings, and he really is 4th choice. But him over Evans who Pep strangely rates, I would go for Mangala all day. Mangala is far the better player than Evans. If the scenario is van Dijk over Mangala, then it's a no brainier. But with Evans I can see us conceding more goals than we should.

Your argument just boils down to "yeh but I don't like Evans" which is completely irrelevant because Obviously Pep did, and only Mangala fucking things up stopped Pep getting who he wanted.

So again, the situation is this.

Mangala - player Pep doesn't want, isn't good enough and fucked us over.

Tosin - player Pep says he rates, who the club fought very hard to keep and is supposedly a future first teamer.

There shouldn't even be a discussion about who is 4th choice.

Last edited:
A good window but still light up front with just two strikers, in centre midfield with fernandinho and yaya getting on in age and we're unbelievably still relying on Kompany staying fit.

Agree on the centre half bit but you are forgetting Ilky in central midfield......He has the potential to be huge for us if he can get fit and stay fit........

Agree on the centre half bit but you are forgetting Ilky in central midfield......He has the potential to be huge for us if he can get fit and stay fit........

The last part of your sentence is why I didn't include him.

Also happy that we retained Mangala rather than Evans..in certain games against certain types of striker he is definitely a better alternative than Evans would be...power and pace to burn.....he maybe not the footballer that Pep wants but on basic defending he can do a job

The last part of your sentence is why I didn't include him.
no reason why he cant get fit....he is there or there abouts now...played 65 mins for the under 23's last week and came through unscathed......just about building proper match fitness...

Cant really fault this summer's business, so need to give Txiki/Soriano credit for that!...clearly FB was No1 on our shopping list and we signed 3 good ones! I think we need one more window before we'll win the prem again, due to poor squad management over a number of years but we are stronger, quicker and better squad than when the season ended, so alot to be positive about. I guess we could get disappointed if you start thinking about the players missed...Mbappe, Sanchez, Bonucci, Dembele...to name a few and the lack of depth at CB and forward could cost us but hopefully this time next season those positions and DM will be sorted.

Time to forget the misses and get behind the team, now that the transfer window has shut!;)

Not bad then after spending another 200 mill

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.