We've got enough....

It's a pity that some of our best academy prospects (Brahim and Foden) are in positions that we are well stocked in. Whereas a talented left back would get some game time.

We patently don't have enough as we have 4 centre backs, one of which is unwanted by us, and 2 strikers.

I really hope our deadline day failings don't come back to haunt us in May.

By May there will have been another transfer window.... We have to make it 4 months with this squad.

Come the business end of the season we could well have the targets we missed out on yesterday.

I don't for a minute think we have taken Sanchez off the table.

By 1st of Jan we need to be in all competitions and in the title race. Thats all.

There's a lot of flapping on this thread!
We have had a good transfer window, perhaps not ideal, but good.
Missing out on Sanchez wasn't the end of the world, he's the man who could be the difference between winning the Champions league and not, but we should be able to negotiate the group stage without him and hopefully prise him from Arsenal's grasp in January.
Last season we finished 3rd, but for how much of that season was Kun missing. not to mention Gabriel. I wouldn't expect them to suffer so much misfortune this time round.
Although we could do with more options at L/B the defence is much better and quicker,
backed up by what, at this early stage of the
season , seems to be a fine keeper.
The midfield is very strong and skilful, that is where games are won and lost when all is said and done.
So stop the flapping, get behind Pep, and be the 12th fuxxing man!

One thing that hasn't been mentioned so far is the potential transfer ban over the transfer of Garre. I assume the club have no concerns over it as otherwise we're in a bit of bother next summer as Yaya and Fernandinho's contracts are up.

I can't see us winning the league this season based on what I have seen first 3 games. Let's hope I am wrong.

Considering we started like a house on fire in the last 2 seasons but petered out to nothing, I'd say this start is a nice change. We'll peak at the right time this year.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned so far is the potential transfer ban over the transfer of Garre. I assume the club have no concerns over it as otherwise we're in a bit of bother next summer as Yaya and Fernandinho's contracts are up.
Next SUMMER! There's a bloody lot of football to be played before then! Give me strength! !

By May there will have been another transfer window.... We have to make it 4 months with this squad.

Come the business end of the season we could well have the targets we missed out on yesterday.

I don't for a minute think we have taken Sanchez off the table.

By 1st of Jan we need to be in all competitions and in the title race. Thats all.
+1 !

Next SUMMER! There's a bloody lot of football to be played before then! Give me strength! !

The reason we've had to spend so heavily in the last few windows is poor squad management. So we should be preparing for all contingencies. Our failure to invest in full backs for 6 seasons meant spending £120m on 3 this summer. We have successfully brought the average age of the squad down in the last few seasons. Next we have to sort out centre back and centre midfield.

I will enjoy the coming season no doubt because we play glorious football but that doesn't mean we shouldn't plan ahead.

The reason we've had to spend so heavily in the last few windows is poor squad management. So we should be preparing for all contingencies. Our failure to invest in full backs for 6 seasons meant spending £120m on 3 this summer. We have successfully brought the average age of the squad down in the last few seasons. Next we have to sort out centre back and centre midfield.

I will enjoy the coming season no doubt because we play glorious football but that doesn't mean we shouldn't plan ahead.
A lot of what you say is fine, however, season 2017/18 has barely started and the transfer window closed only a few hours ago.
During the season, too.much forward planning is detrimental and so many times we have tripped ourselves up with this.
(one example was gifting the rags a trophy )
We need to keep things relatively simple, focusing on the next upcoming game and fielding the strongest team we have available to get the match won.
So look after the games and the trophies will follow.

I think the fact we made v early signings has distorted the success of this window. Re Sanchez - great player but it would have affected Sane & Sterlings playing time - not to mention the best forward in the League - Kun. We've also got Gundy coming back. Also need to allow Foden & Brahim a proper chance & Sanchez would have prevented this.

Defensively - could have done with a back up CH but we signed 3 defenders & still have Mangala who did well last season in Valencia (? I think it was). Did we keep Tosin? If so then this is how we should be moving forward i.e. giving one or 2 kids a chance.

From a financial viewpoint - net spend now removes us from the tedious "spending" club tag.

All looks good.
I tend to agree,I think Sanchez was very much the icing on the cake,I don't believe the media hype that he was Peps no 1 target.For all we know the
no 1 target could've been Bernardo Silva.i think the squad we have now is good enough to win titles ,providing we have some luck on the injury and ref front!I think we will be back for Sanchez in January ,who I don't see pulling his tripe out for Arsenal in the next few months.

Let's show what we can do against the dippers next week

I can't agree. Given that we're looking at a 55 game season, with suspensions and injuries an inevitability, I think we're thin up top, thin at centre half and thin on the left side at the back. We are as likely to finish 5th as we are champions

I didn't say we have squad deficiencies I said we have the best squad

Liverpool - no real squad depth whatsoever
Arse - same
Chelsea - forwards in a worse state than us no cover if Hazard gets injured they are screwed
Tottenham - Kane / Ali say no more
Rags - They are the only other team with some depth and like us it would depend what injuries they got

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.