City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

I am at the point where i don't really bother reading the Man City attacks in the media, particularly the FFP ones.

The fact is, in its current format, we are way out of sight of any sanction. The performance of the club / CFG in laying the foundations for financial stability, and moving on to robustly achieve that goal, has been nothing short of amazing. We should actually be held up as a benchmark of what can be achieved in REAL club growth if the club is allowed to invest properly and with stability and control in place.

People think UEFA may "move the goalposts" again, but one of the key lessons they (UEFA) will have learned from the original application of FFP rules is, no matter how the rules are phrased, while trying to aim at certain clubs, you will inevitably draw in other peripheral clubs, which will lead to some embarrassing and unwanted collateral damage...

Karma is a woman, and it's about to come down very, very hard on Barcelona.

Bienvenido a Manchester, Lionel.

They want a transfer ban imposed before January so Messi can't sign a pre agreement with us :-)

2014 is there, listed at around 149M.

Not sure where the figures cam from, but some of the transfermarkt costs look high to me (di Maria is listed as 67.5M, when I thought it was 50M)
transfermarkt seem to be the source for a lot of transfer data. They don't have the Jadon Sancho deal yet. Strangely it's in Dortmund's arrivals but not City's departures.

For once, I really hope we make a statement, I'm sick to death of us taking it up the arse without a worthwhile whimper.

transfermarkt seem to be the source for a lot of transfer data. They don't have the Jadon Sancho deal yet. Strangely it's in Dortmund's arrivals but not City's departures.

Normally they're pretty good, and are probably at least internally consistent.

Sancho is there, but it's a little convoluted as he is listed as sold by City U18, rather than the first team. That will be something that will comfortably slip by casual stat collectors like journos - I only noticed because you said it was on Dortmund's listing.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manchester-city-u18/transfers/verein/6930/saison_id/2017

I am at the point where i don't really bother reading the Man City attacks in the media, particularly the FFP ones.

The fact is, in its current format, we are way out of sight of any sanction. The performance of the club / CFG in laying the foundations for financial stability, and moving on to robustly achieve that goal, has been nothing short of amazing. We should actually be held up as a benchmark of what can be achieved in REAL club growth if the club is allowed to invest properly and with stability and control in place.

People think UEFA may "move the goalposts" again, but one of the key lessons they (UEFA) will have learned from the original application of FFP rules is, no matter how the rules are phrased, while trying to aim at certain clubs, you will inevitably draw in other peripheral clubs, which will lead to some embarrassing and unwanted collateral damage...
Absolutely, our financial performance and the development of the club on and off the field is a shining example to all.

They want a transfer ban imposed before January so Messi can't sign a pre agreement with us :-)

Something has rattled Barca's cage in relation to City. It's either the bad blood with our present (ex Barca) Exec team or its related to us talking to Messi but they have no obvious good reason to drag us in with PSG. I do wonder whether the Premier League should be asking about some of the more obvious and more clear cut financial doping that has been going on for over 50 years in Spain in relation to subsidies and back handlers to their top clubs. This really is a cheek and as a few have said the pot calling the kettle black.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.