Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never thought I'd ever find myself defending Dwight Yorke on a City forum but he's not the United mouthpiece that many on here believe him to be.

If they're winning he will praise them to the rafters and if they're struggling he'll not hold back in laying into them - basically whatever the narrative is he'll join in, get paid, then return to playing some golf. He knows how utterly meaningless much of modern media is and he plays the game.

I've been lucky enough to interview him five times now and all but one of those occasions his comments made the back pages. All but one has been a jibe at Van Gaal or Mourinho.

I think last year he was given a ticking off about slagging on the club so much while being an 'ambassador' so the last occasion he notably reined it in but I have to say out of all the former players I've interviewed (maybe 50-60) he's my favourite. Which is surprising to me given how much I used to hate the fella.

He's a laugh and just doesn't give a s***.

Also have to say too - while I'm doing this confession - that I've really got to like Gary Pallister since doing the interviews. A genuinely nice fella.

Of the City lot my favourite by a mile has been SWP. Hardly a surprise I guess to say that he was just a lovely guy and it's fair to say that he very much shares our dislike for the rags haha
You disgust me.

It's just anther sign that the pro-rag media are starting to shit their collective kecks.
I think we're better than United and I think they know it. No need for us to engage in mind games or get upset about what's written or said about us. We should continue to do our talking on the pitch and that will apply more pressure than taking the bait ever would

Listening to talkshite on the way into work this morning, and Alan Brazil was saying our net spend was not as high as united's and we even brought more players in. Nearly crashed the car in shock.

Listening to talkshite on the way into work this morning, and Alan Brazil was saying our net spend was not as high as united's and we even brought more players in. Nearly crashed the car in shock.
The media especially talkragshite seem to have gone a bit pro City the last week or so, moose saying he'd have paid to watch us, both Durham & Gough singing our praises at the opening of their show yesterday.

Even the refs have got some semblance of shit together after the 2 disgraceful reds we had.

I suspect fingers have been wagged, ears bent and toes stamped on.

The media especially talkragshite seem to have gone a bit pro City the last week or so, moose saying he'd have paid to watch us, both Durham & Gough singing our praises at the opening of their show yesterday.

Even the refs have got some semblance of shit together after the 2 disgraceful reds we had.

I suspect fingers have been wagged, ears bent and toes stamped on.

Perhaps the legal threat to the La Liga President has signalled enough is enough regarding our undoubted self sufficiency and as you infer belittling or ignoring current on the field achievements would simply emphasise their bias against us to unaligned subscribers.

Perhaps the legal threat to the La Liga President has signalled enough is enough regarding our undoubted self sufficiency and as you infer belittling or ignoring current on the field achievements would simply emphasise their bias against us to unaligned subscribers.
Yeah maybe the La Liga stuff was over our line in the sand.

Anyway fuck the media, no amount of sucking up would ever paint them in a good light to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.