West Brom (League Cup) Post match thread

No, you're not seeing the difference between meaningless passing and what that was which was very purposeful.

If you watch that, when the ball goes backwards, it's so it can quickly go sideways, and the bal is worked from one side of the pitch to the other until West Brom lose their shape, and in the end when Mangala plays the ball to Sterling, 4 West Brom players are around him, and no one is in the middle which is why Gundogan and Sané have so much space to score in the middle.

That's not meaningless, U shaped passing, it's the opposite.

I didn't say meaningless as i dont think it was, also i didn't say i'm not impressed by it either...

Was asking to see if Pep has said something about it. As there is about 5-6 passes out of the 50 odd that 'break lines'... and 3/4 of that play is U-shaped... Again... not meaningless, never said that, but U-shaped.

I will watch a 50 pass goal all day of the week.. :-)

barely 15,000 there last night of which 4000 + were blues, great turnout city loud and proud even that idiot of a ref couldn't spoil that
I couldn't believe how poor West Brom's attendance was. I would think that they would be excited about a competition like this, because while it's still very unlikely, it's their only chance to ever get any kind of trophy. But I'm an American so I don't really know how y'all look at the Carabao cup over there.

The thing that pleased me most about the game (apart from the result) was that Gundogan looked like the same player he was before his long term injury. Vision, agility, pace, & courage in tackles were all still there. He is a great player. I hope he can stay fit because he can make a positive difference to our team.

Cold windy wet night in West Brom eh, glad that is done with.
Correct. Apart from the "cold", and the "windy" and the "wet".
Great first half, good turnout from Blues (about one thousand more than we are allocated for PL games) but plenty of unsold tickets for those "who don't have enough points for away games".

Last night proved to me than Mangala is a better fit for us than Evans would have been.
He looked good considering he doesn't get much game time.
Gundogan looked class and fitted in as if he had never been out for such a long time..glad his injury isn't serious but think Yacob should have been given a red not a yellow because it was a premeditated act and nasty as well as dangerous.
Fantastic 1st half and we showed grit in the 2nd to get the win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.