Crystal Palace (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first home game of the season due to work and family commitments.

Can anyone advise how much extra time I should allow for the tighter security checks now in place? (Last season I would usually arrive at the queue about 20 mins before kick off).

Oh and I think we'll win 2-0, I expect Palace to park the bus, but we should have enough to open them up and create a few chances nonetheless.

Probably our toughest game this season as Palace are going to park the bus and be very tight at the back and not let Silva etc play thru the lines. Be a 1/2-0 win.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ederson-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------Danilo ----------------------Stones -----------------Otamendi ------------------------------------------------------

Walker ----------------------------------------------------------- Fernandino-----------------------------------------------------------------Mendy

-----------------------------------------Debruyne ------------------------------------------------------Silva ---------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------Jesus -----------Aguero -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’m liking that formation.

Very tough game this one and it won't be a walkover..we need to be at it from the off..banana skin.
Not sure if being serious......Bookies are stating this is the biggest one sided game in the history of the premiership due to the respective teams form.

The game is not to be taken lightly but we've got 3 games in 7 days coming up, the squad will need to be fully utilised. The first game is bottom of the league at home, by far the easiest game on paper, if we don't make use of our squad then, when will we? I already made a team prediction but with that in mind i wouldn't at all be surprised to see Danilo, Mangala, Delph/Yaya all start tomorrow. It doesn't exactly make us weak either.

--------------Ederson
Danilo--Stones--Mangala--Delph
---------------Yaya
-------Bernardo---Silva/KDB
Sterling-----------------------Sane
---------------Aguero

That's still a very very strong side with strength and height at the back to negate Benteke's threat and gives us the chance to rest key players like Kompany, Walker,Mendy,Silva/KDB,Fernandinho and Jesus. Particularly the fullbacks, we can't have them playing 3 games a week with the amount of energy required from them.

Who'd have thought that after that shocking performance at Goodison last year that we'd go on a run like this. 1 league defeat in 22, away at Chelsea.

We played ok at Chelsea too. Didn't know we were in such a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.