Star Trek

I dont think anything can touch the Original Series. It's just so well written and fresh. The budget limitations and cheesy technology of the time actually help it. And best yet, it ended before it began to repeat itself. I grew up watching the second series but it suffered from a generic feel and tech look that felt documentariam at times. I think the later Trrek series suffered from a lack of Spock coolness and Kirk trying to fuck his way across the Galaxy.

Like they have adeed the woosh on the doors and pings of the consoles along with the red alert of the old series.

Was a bit of a homage to TOS balance of terror but really enjoyed it.And nods to the motion picture and a few otger trekky easter eggs

will definately carry on with it

^ didn't it directly contradict Balance of Terror by introducing the cloaking device a decade early?

The hologram communication is a century early too, that wasn't working very well in DS9 where it was portrayed as brand new and not that reliable.

^ didn't it directly contradict Balance of Terror by introducing the cloaking device a decade early?

The hologram communication is a century early too, that wasn't working very well in DS9 where it was portrayed as brand new and not that reliable.

Yes, that's why I though it was a bit of a homage, though if these are some king of clan of klingons, not from kronos (or Qo'nos) they can probably get away with it.

the hologram I agree with, if it's 10 yrs before TOS then at least try to tone down some of the stuff you can add just because cgi is about.

Last edited:
Every 1st season of every star trek series were poor the network has to stay with them! The original star Trek got dropped and picked up by another network.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never been a massive Star Trek fan but I did really like The Next Generation stuff. I wasn't sure about this new one and what they were going to do, and that didn't change after watching episode 1. However after seeing the second episode I'm intrigued and will defo watch again. Pretty surprised actually.

Well, I enjoyed it!

It's a bit too anal when one is complaining that 'Klingons' have changed again! Maybe they should have kept their original look in the original series?? I happen to like a re-imagining here and there! I think this is their best look yet!

Moving away from the lack of budget for an alien makeover in 'Star Trek: TOS', this might be a more 'pure breed' version of 'Klingon'?

I enjoyed it, immensely.

Just hope they have solid story lines for the journey ahead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.