ryan air

That's not very nice.
There are plenty of British jobs that are dependent on Ryan Air plus they and Easyjet have done wonders in bringing down the cost of air travel

Yup they have,but my experience with them (Ryanair) is simple really.

OK for short haul flights to Spain,2 1/2 hours max flight,anywhere in Canaries or Greece,(4 hr plus) -horrible,rammed in like sardines,food selection crap,and I'd also say there are more foreigners (staff) employed by them than Brits,certainly on my experiences.

Anyway good luck with the trip you taking with them,hope there are no issues

That's not very nice.
There are plenty of British jobs that are dependent on Ryan Air plus they and Easyjet have done wonders in bringing down the cost of air travel

Not really, there's plenty of demand out there - it doesn't matter who the airline is; if someone goes bust the others more or less immediately pick up the slack. The demise of BMI is a case in point, BA hoovered them up. Same would happen here.

However, that's not where they are, but Ryanair have always ignored their legal responsibilities to passengers, it's nothing new. Easyjet are a little better, but not fantastic at it.

The issue with air fares is that there's a perception the cost is all about getting a meal or something; it isn't. Ryanair and Easyjet hate the compensation rights because they don't operate with standby aircraft (if all goes well, a standby machine is a $200 million ornament) and so when there are problems their compensation costs would be disproportionately high. So they try and avoid paying to a degree which goes well beyond the normal commercial reluctance. I'm not sure Ryanair have ever re-routed anyone on another carrier. Ever. It's about time they got forced to, because this is how they undercut everyone else.

Yes, but it's a Manchester fight and as already posted, Manchester flights are supposedly unaffected

Been niggling me this,so I just asked my Mrs to ask him,and it WAS Manchester,he's been given £80 each for him and his wife refund,and have now booked with Jet2,so it appears that Manchester IS and WILL be affected as I had suggested

Not really, there's plenty of demand out there - it doesn't matter who the airline is; if someone goes bust the others more or less immediately pick up the slack. The demise of BMI is a case in point, BA hoovered them up. Same would happen here.

However, that's not where they are, but Ryanair have always ignored their legal responsibilities to passengers, it's nothing new. Easyjet are a little better, but not fantastic at it.

The issue with air fares is that there's a perception the cost is all about getting a meal or something; it isn't. Ryanair and Easyjet hate the compensation rights because they don't operate with standby aircraft (if all goes well, a standby machine is a $200 million ornament) and so when there are problems their compensation costs would be disproportionately high. So they try and avoid paying to a degree which goes well beyond the normal commercial reluctance. I'm not sure Ryanair have ever re-routed anyone on another carrier. Ever. It's about time they got forced to, because this is how they undercut everyone else.

I've had the delay issue with Monarch
They knew the day before that the aircraft wouldn't be available and they didn't use a substitute and held us in Manchester (three different hotels) for 24 hours until it had been repaired and flown back in
They advised everyone to claim on their travel insurance, the cheeky twats

Monarch also have a pretty poor record in that regard.

Compensation is a huge cost. They don't want to pay it. Although the likes of BA are hardly perfect, they are far, far more likely to pay out, and of course have standby aircraft too (which is why you'd hear them talking about a delay while they prepare a substitute aircraft - the low cost airlines simply don't have any). You do to a fair extent get what you pay for - I'm just saying it's not about a sandwich!

If Ryanair are forced to cough up and accept the law, then their prices will rise. Simple as that.

Flown with Ryanair quite a few times and never had a problem with them.
Monarch on the other hand....

is there an updated list of the further cancelations as were going from MAN-TFS in November, i clicked the link from the ealyer pages on here and looks like Ryanair have removed it from there website

Last edited:
Been niggling me this,so I just asked my Mrs to ask him,and it WAS Manchester,he's been given £80 each for him and his wife refund,and have now booked with Jet2,so it appears that Manchester IS and WILL be affected as I had suggested

You're right mate.
Flight Num: 7545, Dept Date: Mon 18th Dec 2017 from Barcelona to Manchester cancelled.
We had 3 seats booked on it. We've now got 3 x £80 vouchers to use before March 20th 2018, but I've got no holidays left until next April. Yayyy

Er, they can't fob you off with vouchers. If you want your money back, you get your money back.

Er, they can't fob you off with vouchers. If you want your money back, you get your money back.

They've offered a refund as well mate. Just making the point that the offer of vouchers as compensation is of no use to me on this occasion.
I would have preferred it if they would have refunded us for the outbound flights that we've booked with them on the Friday, which we may now not be able to use.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.