Gary Lineker Interviews Pep | BBC 2 at 22:00

d7e334d8b0.png

He seems like such a classy fella, but he always implies that we are a small club. He's done it a few times, and again tonight. 'A big club like Manchester City want to be. . .'

No he doesn't, he's a realist who's saying (perhaps in poor phrasing) that City aspires to be on the same level as the recognised giants in European football but that doesn't imply that we're a small club, it merely conveys the ambitions of the club.
Or do you honestly believe that City have established themselves like Real, Barça, Bayern and the likes, have?

Last edited:
Don't know. It was alright, enjoyed listening to Pep talk as always but I don't feel I learnt anything new. I didn't appreciate Linekar digging around for a headline so much.

What? An interviewer asking probing questions? Stop the press! Great watch, that.

Can't watch it in the states on iplayer. If anyone has a link to it on another platform that would be great.

Brilliant interview. I mentioned yesterday that I get the feeling that Pep is here for the long term & his answer to Linekar in respect to how long he'll be here adds to that feeling.

I loved the way Pep paused when Linekar said to him 'Manchester City have to win a trophy this year, don't they?' That pause to me meant that this season is about progression with a view to the long term, not just about winning a trophy or title by any means because we've spent £200m+. Pep also straightened Lineker up on his maths, when he said, 'But we also sold players too'.

What a refreshing change it is to have a manager who is so switched on and resolute about how we must play as a team & progress as a club. I'd love nothing more than Pep being here to create a Manchester City dynasty. No other league will test his credentials the way the PL will & if he can do that in this league, with this club, his legend status will be confirmed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.