Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
manager of the month details on sly sports.....

Surely there can only be one winner but you wouldn't think so reading the below

Arsene Wenger is one of four Premier League bosses nominated for the September Manager of the Month award.
The Arsenal boss, who was the subject of protests throughout last season, steered the Gunners to two wins and one draw last month.
Manchester City, who sit top of the Premier League, were the only team to win all four of their September matches in the English top flight, earning Pep Guardiola a place among the contenders.
Jose Mourinho led Manchester United to three wins and a draw in the same period, with his side behind their local rivals only on goal difference.
Mauricio Pochettino completes the quartet of nominees for the award, having collected 10 points from a possible 12 in September, leaving Spurs just behind the Manchester clubs at the top of the table.
If Pep doesn't win this award, then some pople might even think there was an agenda!!!!!!!! Oh, wait a minute . . . . .

manager of the month details on sly sports.....

Surely there can only be one winner but you wouldn't think so reading the below

Arsene Wenger is one of four Premier League bosses nominated for the September Manager of the Month award.
The Arsenal boss, who was the subject of protests throughout last season, steered the Gunners to two wins and one draw last month.
Manchester City, who sit top of the Premier League, were the only team to win all four of their September matches in the English top flight, earning Pep Guardiola a place among the contenders.
Jose Mourinho led Manchester United to three wins and a draw in the same period, with his side behind their local rivals only on goal difference.
Mauricio Pochettino completes the quartet of nominees for the award, having collected 10 points from a possible 12 in September, leaving Spurs just behind the Manchester clubs at the top of the table.

Similar kind of theme on the POTM report too.

My friend linked me this article recently on John Stones

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/06/gareth-southgate-john-stones-england

He says it's nice that John Stones is getting credit but I felt like much of the article was crap and didn't even do him any good other than to say he's playing well for City. It even rather inaccurately compares him to England defenders of old like Terry Butcher.

A real ends to justify the means sort of article.

I'm posting it here because I feel that this another example of a journalist praising a City player through gritted teeth and adding to my previous points that there are too many people in the media who don't understand football. Feel free to move this to the Stones thread if it's not relevant enough to the media

Last edited:
My friend linked me this article recently on John Stones

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/06/gareth-southgate-john-stones-england

He says it's nice that John Stones is getting credit but I felt like much of the article was crap and didn't even do him any good other than to say he's playing well for City. It even rather inaccurately compares him to England defenders of old like Terry Butcher.

A real ends to justify the means sort of article.

I'm posting it here because I feel that this another example of a journalist praising a City player through gritted teeth and adding to my previous points that there are too many people in the media who don't understand football. Feel free to move this to the Stones thread if it's not relevant enough to the media

To be honest it seems like just another snidey article to me. I wouldn't swap Stones for any other centre back in the Premier League. He didn't have a poor game for England against Slovenia. In fact the back four played well including Cahill who was also criticised. The issue was that the midfield was totally immobile because of the two donkeys Dier and Henderson. The back four had no outlet to pass to. Barney Ronay is just another cliche-ridden hack who can't read a football match properly. Stones is our best defender, apart from Vinny, since Dave Watson.

To be honest it seems like just another snidey article to me. I wouldn't swap Stones for any other centre back in the Premier League. He didn't have a poor game for England against Slovenia. In fact the back four played well including Cahill who was also criticised. The issue was that the midfield was totally immobile because of the two donkeys Dier and Henderson. The back four had no outlet to pass to. Barney Ronay is just another cliche-ridden hack who can't read a football match properly. Stones is our best defender, apart from Vinny, since Dave Watson.

Agree Dier is the problem he is piss poor built up like he is a world beater after the rags went in for him he is slow control pass range pure shit! Just play Henderson in there with an extra mobile player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.