What is the best goal you have ever seen city score

Surprised no one has mentioned Paul Dickov at Wembley v Gillingham. Hell of a strike and in terms of importance probably only second to 93.20.

Thank you - I only opened this thread to see if David White's second at the dippers was on there. I was stood on the kop that day and kept my gob shut. If my dipper mates who I'd been at school with had done the same I'd have been ok but liddle ssssidy scoring again upset them a bit :)

Because those goals were scored the year before the PL they don't get wheeled out enough for my liking.
Hope you got out of the Kippax in one piece?My dad always said as soon as the Kop recognised you weren't one of them a hail of phlegm would reign down on you...though his days were a bit before the David White era!

Saw the first - something else meant I didn't attend for the second but I was less than a mile from the ground and remember the roar.
Along with Kinky v Southampton (which didn't win goal of the season) the best I've seen from City.

Rodney's were nearest to this (I don't want to widen the thread but this is always the standard to measure against..):

Referee applauding...
watch

I’ve watched that goal so many times and can’t believe I never noticed the ref applauding! Wouldn’t see a ref doing that now....

Jim Melrose - Notts County at home 2-0 win mid late eighties, astonishing volley on the half turn from just near the half way line, only about 20,000 die hards there and no cameras for posterity
You know I was going to post the exact same goal, it was a fucking belter. That day sticks with me because a mate of mine was mascot for the game. I was one of the die hards, sat with my dad in the main stand as a mere 10 year old.

Take your pick from Gio's goals against

Middlesbrough away
Southampton home
West Ham home fa cup

Yaya Vs Aston villa 2014 for sheer individualism
Aguero Vs QPR for pure joy
Special mention to dzeko number 6 against united for Silva's exquisite pass

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.