Manchester City & Welsh players

The kid David Brooks who's just broken into the Welsh team was apparently at our academy for a long time

Yes I thought highly of Rhys Day too - remember going to see City in the Youth Cup, late nineties at Bradford City, we won 8-0 I think, SWP and Leon Mike running riot. Rhys was in defence. It was a bloody freezing night, We left just after half time when goal number 6 went in and went for a curry and beers it was that cold (we were with a Bradford fan friend who really didn't want to be there any longer!)
Got talking to a bloke at half time who said he had missed the first couple of goals as he had travelled from South Wales and had got stuck in various traffic jams. On congratulating him on such a great journey to watch the youth team, he proudly said he had come to see his lad Rhys Day play!

I guess from the late 60's until Bellamy, the only Welsh (international) players I can think of (and I haven't read this article above yet) is Wynn Davies, David Phillips, Gordon Davies, Dibble and Margetson.

Of course it could have been more if Ryan Wilson (Giggs) and Chris Coleman had stuck with our youth teams and progressed from there!
Cliff Sear was with us from late 50s to late 67/68 i think

The kid David Brooks who's just broken into the Welsh team was apparently at our academy for a long time
Yeah he was released wasnt he, probably the best for him. Tough to get into this City side in the position he plays.

Yeah he was released wasnt he, probably the best for him. Tough to get into this City side in the position he plays.
Not sure if he as released or decided to leave but yeah, tough to get in the team obviously. Every year the leagues are becoming more and more littered with pro's that have spent time in our academy. We might not have the full process of getting them into our team yet, but we must be doing a lot of the earlier work well.

Hennessey was another Welsh player in our academy at one point.

Not sure if he as released or decided to leave but yeah, tough to get in the team obviously. Every year the leagues are becoming more and more littered with pro's that have spent time in our academy. We might not have the full process of getting them into our team yet, but we must be doing a lot of the earlier work well.

Same with Chris Coleman as well, got homesick and went back to Swansea

He was gone long before this team was put together, think it was summer of 69, well 14 really lol

Hennessey was never going to come through, not good enough for City. Only a decent goalkeeper

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.