Leicester (a) pre-match thread

Leicester (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re the Mangala palava

I agree we support all players as part of the team but we can still have our own opinions based on performances.
Overall Mangala’s have been poor and why we accepted a bid for him. Watching the Wolves game live he was bullied one on one negating his hoped main attribute of strength. As the experienced cb he should have been able to work as a pair with Tosin to snuff out a lone striker from the championship who ended up creating havoc.
Remember he cost 43m.
Upto now he hasn’t even looked like decent back up. If he is picked ahead of Tosin then the young lad may as well move on as he’ll never be in a better position to be chosen to play.
He cost 32M. Some hack quoted 42M but you've added a bit more for luck.

Ok edit 32m but all points remain nevertheless.
I don't agree with your point about Tosin.
Otomendi has been playing left side centre half and Stones right side.
Mangala is naturally left footed, whilst poor, and Tosin normally plays right side.

Therefore a case of round pegs in round holes makes Mangala a more natural choice.

Mangala played left side in all the games he has mainly underperformed in? Otamendi is right footed but has played ahead of Mangala because he is a better choice? In the hypothetical scenario re Tosin, Stones would move across as the experienced cb and we would play two right footed cb as we have done through our undefeated run contradicting the round pegs argument.
For the record I wouldn’t choose to play either against the foxes. I’d play dan kw Js delph or 3 at the back if necessary as they’ll play one up top. I’m sure Pep will sort it one way or another and we are now at a point where we can overcome injuries/suspensions.
I don't agree with your point about Tosin.
Otomendi has been playing left side centre half and Stones right side.
Mangala is naturally left footed, whilst poor, and Tosin normally plays right side.

Therefore a case of round pegs in round holes makes Mangala a more natural choice.

Mangala played left side in all the games he has mainly underperformed in? Otamendi is right footed but has played ahead of Mangala because he is a better choice? In the hypothetical scenario re Tosin, Stones would move across as the experienced cb and we would play two right footed cb as we have done through our undefeated run contradicting the round pegs argument.
For the record I wouldn’t choose to play either against the foxes. I’d play dan kw Js delph or 3 at the back if necessary as they’ll play one up top. I’m sure Pep will sort it one way or another and we are now at a point where we can overcome injuries/suspensions.
Hypotheticals
Whilst you claim he's right footed Otamendi has regularly played left side.
I find it difficult to name a time when Stones has done this.
Hence moving him across weakens two,positions rather than one.

Pegs and holes not contradicted at all

Hypotheticals
Whilst you claim he's right footed Otamendi has regularly played left side.
I find it difficult to name a time when Stones has done this.
Hence moving him across weakens two,positions rather than one.

Pegs and holes not contradicted at all
I don’t work for Opta Stats but Otamendi is right footed.
As I said it’s hypothetical as I wouldn’t choose to play either. Many successful centre back pairings have been right footed because centrally it’s not as critical as wide positions. Hence I would choose a better player in a shifted central position. Best to agree to disagree and when I leave Leicester on saturday hope we have kept this great run going regardless.

I'm not sure that's fair.

Very few players look great when they have hardly played and are then thrown in at the deep end in difficult games. Especially young players, low on experience, still learning their trade. I seem to remember Mangala doing a great job keeping Costa out of the game when he played for us against Chelsea.

The lad may never be Beckenbauer, I grant you, but I don't think he's the complete dross you suggest.
I also remember a great job vs Zlatan when he was at PSG. Two top strikers in his pocket. I am sure with Stones or Kompany next to him taking the responsibility away from him he will be back to those levels. With Tosin on one side and Zinchenko on the other and Bravo behind (who was great but who knew) in the Wolves match and no Dinho in front of him he was the leader and that isn’t his strongest trait. Stones and Delph next to him, Dinho in front and Ederson behind is a completely different prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.